file Triton 1 with Emotiva XPA 5

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Splash51 and Bradorner,
I really enjoyed you guys' comments and descriptions of what you are doing with--the evolution of your systems! Thanks for that!!!!
I agree too that the SS3s would work fine as presence speakers, and can tell you for sure that the Triton 7s will be better as your surrounds.
Seriously, both you guys' gave us some really good and informative reading here, much appreciated!!!!
I too will wait on the Next New Thing to get all sorted out, and even then, since I am So VERY happy with my 7.1 system as it is now, I may never move past that. I said "MAY". I know, never say never.
Speaking of the new deals like Atmos, from what little I have read, sounds like there is a move to put surround and rear speakers lower down (and add more speakers up high). Well, I think with the floorstanding Tritons we are already there. I love the sound of T 2s in front, T3s on the sides and T 7s in the rear.
Splash51 I am glad adding the power amp made such a good difference for you, I am not surprised!
Bradorner, I too really love the Triton 2s! I think they are incredible speakers. So IF you get to A/B the Ones and 2s, let us know what you decide?
Thanks guys for the good comments, enjoy the ride,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Splash51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Splash51 Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Hello my Brothers in Ears!

I have made some changes. I added Emotive amps to the mix. XPA-2 for front L/R and XPA-1L for center. Moved the Adcom 555 II to power the rear channels. WOW what a difference the XPA-1L made to the SC XL. I highly recommend adding a good amp to the center channel. The XPA-2 is noticeably more defined and clear at the higher volumes. At lower volumes the Adcom is better. Overall I am happy with the XPA-2 the added power is incredible!!! The T1's really show their stuff when the volume is increased. CLEAR DEFINED SOUND STAGE!!!! The detail of the instruments are clear and have more presence. What I mean by lower volumes is -25 and lower from the Yamaha. I have become an Emotive fan!!

P.S. I have another XPA-2 on the way to see how the bridged mono mode sounds!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton 1 with Emotiva XPA 5