file Triton 1 with Emotiva XPA 5

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 9 months ago
I agree with George!!! Well stated Sir!!!
I have the Triton 2s as well, and they are very revealing. Awesome speakers, I can only dream what the Ones might sound like.
I have a Marantz pre-processor (which is a notch above the pre-out of a receiver, he says hopefully) playing to some great (Vincent) amps. And I definitely feel my pre-processor is the weak link at this point. I have magic sound, wonderful music and movies to die for. But we always want better don't we?
Like George says, your speakers, our speakers are not gonna be the thing that needs to be upgraded for a LONG time!!!!!
I would just recommend feeding them the BEST signal you can, whatever equipment that takes.
And enjoy the ride, it does take time (and money, arrrrgh) to build a great system, but you can still enjoy the tunes along the way.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Splash51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nowhere892's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 13
nowhere892 Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Hi Wayne,

So you are saying a Marantz pre-processor would be an improvement over a Marantz SR7009 for example? I do want the option of a graphic equalizer. I did demo the NAD T758 in my home but did not like the sound. The only option I had to change was the treble/bass setting and that did improve the sound somewhat but I need more control.

When I demod the Marantz SR7008 there was a noticeable hum coming from the speakers which I'm concerned with.
Which Marantz pre-pro would you recommend? No need for Atmos at this time.

Are we saying a Yamaha Adventage 2040 isn't worth pursuing?

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Mark,
I have the Marantz AV 7005, but I have heard/read that the AV 8802 is better. I am personally looking hard at the Emotiva XMC-1. It is not that expensive and it has not only good equalizer capabilities, but the room correction from DIRAC is supposed to be wonderful. It has been forever getting here and up and running, but Emo are finally shipping it now.
I am gonna wait and read some real reviews, but IF it is well reviewed, then that is probably what I will get. I too do not care about Atmos at all.
You might want to check those options out, have fun.
God Bless,
Wayne

• nowhere892's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 13
nowhere892 Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Hi Wayne,

I did demo the UMC-200 and XPA-5. I had high hopes for the graphic equalizer but i found it made very little difference in sound. I had much more control and results using the equalizer in the Marantz SR7008.

Not sure if the XMC-1 would be any different. Guess I'll wait for some reviews.

Mark

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, Mark, we will see what the reviews say, but I suspect the XMC-1 would be a big improvement.
God Bless,
Wayne

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 8 months ago
I really like your statement!!! It is a journey. I have Triton 1s and an rx-a1040. Sounds fantastic, I do experience a few music tracks that have 'mid-range soft spots" In my opinion, don't throw money at amps. One of the strengths of todays advanced receivers is the control afforded by the DSP's. You have the ability to tailor the sound to your liking and environment. Yes you can find improvements with differing equipment, but it can cost you a lot more money. Use the DSP controls, save the settings in profile's and enjoy!!!

The new surround formats are evolving, save up for the next gen stuff to mature and have content!! One thing I am sure of, the Triton 1's will still be the best of the best!!

Enjoy!!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton 1 with Emotiva XPA 5