file up grading for goldenear system

• Gnanavel Chinnyyan's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Gnanavel Chinnyyan Posted 10 years 11 months ago
sir,

my room is 2100 square foot, currently 11.0 ( trition 2 towers as large no sub woofers, sst 50c , sst 3 for front wides, polk A6 dipoles for surround and rear surround , polk bookself for front height, onkyo txr 5010 and denon amp for front wides)

i want to add sub woofers my views and ideas as follows , i from remote place in india the nearest dealer where i can audition is in mumbai ( 2000 kms) and i don't find them either will solve my problems

my option are and i want know which will be better in your opinion

1. if 2 FF4 added via LFE - will it reduce or negate sub woofers in triton 2 in others words how much benefit i will get , because now all the bass going to triton 2 , if add 2 FF4 LFE directed to FF4 which same as triton 2 subs , so how much net gain will be their. and upgrade my center to supercenter xl as perceive it to be thin at times

2. buy 3 FF3 or FF4 connect center and front wides via subs , rung all front five speakers as large , no sub woofers

i do not know if i have made you understand , hope you can shed me some light which of above 2 will be better as audition in part of the world is not possible and i have bought all GE products with out audition and there is way ican return back the product like in USA if i dont like any of them

i love golden ear by the way

so do i have to buy 3 FF4 or FF3 or 2 FF4 or FF5 with supersat xl it depends on your advice

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hi -

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can. That is a VERY big room for a home theater.

1. if 2 FF4 added via LFE - will it reduce or negate sub woofers in triton 2 in others words how much benefit i will get , because now all the bass going to triton 2 , if add 2 FF4 LFE directed to FF4 which same as triton 2 subs , so how much net gain will be their. and upgrade my center to supercenter xl as perceive it to be thin at times

Switching from Satellite Center to the more full range SuperCenter XL will allow you more flexibility in adding subwoofers. Otherwise sub addition(s) would be LFE only (which will take some load off the Tritons, but probably not really address the issue of not enough speaker in too large a room). If you stick with the 50C, adding a ForceField 4 as a center channel woofer (connected via speaker input/output) gives you the same added flexibility as switching to the SuperCenter XL. From there you can add subwoofer channel subs, I would suggest ForceField 5's, at least two, with all front main speakers set to Small and crossed over at 80Hz.

2. buy 3 FF3 or FF4 connect center and front wides via subs , run all front five speakers as large , no sub woofers

Yes, you could do that. Not sure there is an advantage to full bandwidth front wides. Most bass and LFE will still be directed to the Triton Twos, so probably still will not have enough bass energy in the room.

If the SuperCenter XL fits in your setup, I would switch to that and add two ForceField 5's to the subwoofer channel, setting all three front speakers to small and choosing a 80Hz crossover as a starting point. I think that will give you the necessary bass energy in your BIG room. Hope this helps, glad you are enjoying your GoldenEar system!

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 11 months ago
Hi Gnanavel,
I am in Mumbai at this moment, heading home (Thailand) though. Even if you were here, getting a good listen to the GE speakers is not easy IMHO.
I think the Moderator has given you VERY good advice. I hope your home theater room is not really 2100 sq. ft. I know going from metric to US units is confusing, or perhaps you mean cubit feet? That would be a nice size home theater.
Anyway, 2 FF5s and the XL would be a very good way to go.
I wish I had that kind of set up.
And a 11.2 system should sound amazing!!!!!
Please let us know what you decide, how you get on? It sounds like you are building a really wonderful sounding room/system.
Please share your results.
Thanks,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Gnanavel Chinnyyan's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
Gnanavel Chinnyyan Posted 10 years 11 months ago
oops , sorry for the delay and messing up the size its 2100 cubic feet not square foot, but love to have 2100 square foot room in feature
so decided to upgrade center with 2 FF ( SHOULD MAKE UP BETWEEN FF5 and FF4) , SO ROOM SIZE OF THIS does it need FF5

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 11 months ago
Forcefield 5 will play lower!!!!
Please let us know what you decide and how it works out.
11.2, WOW, you will be my hero!!!!!

God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

SO ROOM SIZE OF THIS does it need FF5

No, doesn't NEED the ForceField 5, but like others have said, it plays lower and can actually extend the bass further than the Triton Twos. ForceField 4 would be more bass (always good), not lower bass.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers up grading for goldenear system