file up grading for goldenear system

• Gnanavel Chinnyyan's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Gnanavel Chinnyyan Posted 10 years 5 months ago
guys, little update on my system , bought FF3 as it was available at a disount and connected it to SS50C (just below the center and in between two triton 2) as full band speaker, my opinion on this setup has

the bass hole in the middle of room hass disappeared , any bass sound travelling from right to left or vice versa is continious and gives
better sense in cars ,flight sequences

so this another option people who want to upgrade center channel to scxl, if you can place the center sub inbetween the tritons.

my further queries are

1. can i connect ff3 with LFE in addition to speaker level connection( infact i have tried , in doing so the emotiva xpa 5 says some speaker connection problem and red light blinks , so i disconnected fearing )

2. planning to upgrade the back 4 speakers in 11.3 system( polk a6 dipoles crossed at 50 by audsessy) to full range by adding
FF subs , option one is buy 2 ff3 and place both in back corners and connect right surround and surround back to right sub and vice versa.option two buy one ff5 place it center of the back wall and connect both surround backs to the sub and leave surround as such

there is no way in my country to get a demo , and i donot have friends to lend me ff sub and i have only one ff3 and i have to buy one to judge to go with one or two subs at the back, which one to buy???

iam little bit confused because of triton one , even though i might not need , but eventully all reviews and raves will force me to buy one and in that case my trition 2 had to moves to frond wides ,as my room is small and fully acoustically treated,( will upload some pictures) i cannot and have no space to move triton 2 to back , so i will end up having 7 subs , and i have 4 sub out in my onkyo 5010 , and which of the four subs need to connected via LFE( that is if i can connect ff sub via both LFE and speaker level connection )if not choice is easy connect all four tritons via LFE( have connected my triton 2 via LFE till now inspite of mant members in many forums have had even good bass via LFE
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

guys my room pictues, at present i donot have back wall but is full of bass traps
Attachments:

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Hi Gnanavel C.
WOW
First, let me say that it seems it was a good move to put the FF3 in the center, sounds like it worked out well for you. I think it is fair to say that most of us do not have that option. But I am glad to hear from someone who did it.
Secondly, thanks for posting the pictures, that is a VERY good looking home theater you have there, VERY impressed!!!!!
I was not so sure when reading your post, but now that I see the pics. I am sure you have the expertise to put together whatever kind of system you want. Triton 1s???? Yeah, if you can afford it, why not?????? The Triton 2s to wides?????? Yeah, I guess. Though I would probably just move them to another full range system if I could not put them in the back for surround speakers. Seems like overkill to use them as wides. And IMHO, I would just run them full range, and leave out the LFE. I think things will sound cleaner.
A FF5 in the back of the room? Yes, that is what I am doing.
What I would not do (but this is just my humble opinion and I feel like you probably know more about this than I do, judging from the pics) I would not run speaker cables to the subs and then come back out of the crossovers to speakers. I would run speaker cables to the speakers and long interconnects for the LFE only to the subs.
But. what do I know?
I am impressed. Enjoy your wonderful system!!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

hi , wayne
thanks for the reply and compliments
iam no expert , you can consider me as crazy diy enthusasist, learing about audio, video, home theater from experts and fellow diy enthusist from all forums and support groups , if you see my home theater you can see that it does not appleal visually as much as other hometheater builds in forum, the primary reason for that is iam more audio enthusasist than looks , and every thing in my home theater designed to improve the audio quality, i have more than 50 bass traps and tuned traps all round with qrd diffures and skyline diffures in addition, so i will keep on changing things because you cannot reach perfection in audio , that is the first lesson i learned in my audio room project. coming to the specifics

even though people tell 1 or 2 subwoofers enough for HT as low frequency is directionless, but my experience says that you cannot reproduce modern 7.1 channels sounds which are mixed for 7 full range speakers and one LFE channels , with one or two subs in room , so my idea is to make all 7 discreate channels in to full range , thanks to designers at GE, now all i need is 2 ff subs to make all my discreate channels in to full range , and 2 subs for LFE channel , instead buying 2 ff5 for 2000 dollors , just add 3 grand more and get superior trition one because juding by sevens review and limited review of triton one , i think that new midrange from GE is far better than the one in older triton twins , and use triton 2 as wides and LFE channel, that is my idea now and i will update my experiance as buy things . in between i just read the GE forums to find if any have done what iam thinkig and to learn from others mistake and iam well aware that some body out there would have all ready done what iam identing to do , only matter of connecting with them and it has becone really very small world with internet and forums

thanks everbody who have helped me to get thus far

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers up grading for goldenear system