file Receiver recommendation for Triton Sevens

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 4 days ago
That old Pioneer receiver should work OK with the Triton Sevens unless it is very low power. Make sure the speakers are wired in phase (+ to +, etc). and there are no settings on the Pioneer that are limiting the bass (rumble filter, tone controls defeated or flat, no crossover set - if this is a HT receiver, make sure the fronts are set to Large and everything else is set to none).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 4 days ago
Hi again, Cphill44,
As the Moderator Dude said, you should be able to do OK with that Pioneer.
But I will say, anybody who chooses GET speakers like the Triton 7s, you obviously have a good ear, and know what you are looking for. And I doubt that Pioneer will do it for you for long.
That is a very decent size room, but I didn't catch it if you told us anything about subwoofer or surround speakers. For movies you will need a subwoofer with the 7s. At least in the future.
Anthem suggests Emotiva and Sherbourn. I would add Marantz or possibly NAD to that. IMHO these are a step up from the names nearly everybody knows. Again, IF you can get a surround sound receiver that has Pre Outs, that means it can be used now with the built in amps, which may not be that great, but you can later when you can afford it, you can add better amps, then when you have good amps all around, you can get a better surround processor. I use the Marantz AV 7005 because I am on a budget too, but it is pretty darn good.
Hope this helps,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Receiver recommendation for Triton Sevens