file Safe listening levels

• Hipnotizer's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Hipnotizer Posted 11 years 4 months ago
I am using a pioneer elite sc-61 and I was wondering what a safe listening level is for the triton twos. I usually don't go past -18db as I am cautious of creating any distortion that may damage the speakers. But I was just curious as to how loud one could go with this receiver. My inner beat freak is curious. LOL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 4 months ago
Very loud. :-)

Go ahead and turn it up until you can hear things getting harsh or edgy (that will be the sound of your receiver running out of power), than turn it down 3dB. That's max for the particular program material you are playing at that time. Make note of the actual volume coming out of the speakers though, not the number on the dial. Keep in mind that different sources can have wildly varying levels - what's full tilt (say -10dB) on one source may be way over the top on another that is just as loud with a volume setting of -20dB.

Have fun!

• Hipnotizer's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
Hipnotizer Posted 11 years 4 months ago
Haha, YES SIR. I will crank it. Thank you.

Thing is they get loud without sounding harsh at all! I am more likely to blow out my eardrums before I would ever blow out the tritons! LOL.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Safe listening levels