file I will have my pair of Triton One towers next week. How happy will I be?

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Right, Wayne, I should have mentioned the problem of keeping them plugged in. I had to pre shape them so they'd go into the wall and TRefs more or less straight, but even then, the colossal weight tends to pull them down. It would be a good idea to support them midspan with a wood block or some such. It's almost like dealing with a really heavy rigid body.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brumtech's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 16
Brumtech Posted 6 years 4 months ago
I too know the physical struggle of using unruly fire hose APC's! I use Cable Elevators purchased from MD. $20/ea, 4/$70, 8/$120. I believe they're also included in their 10% accessories sale going on right now (code: ACC10). They are supposed to have sonic benefits, but I purchased them mainly to provide strain relief. I need different heights in a few places so I place a hockey puck or two underneath them. I'm happy with them, although I've never heard my system without them. So I cannot attest to any sonic improvements.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
I promised some feedback re trying the Nordost Blue Heaven power cable on this thread... Moderator Dude, feel free to move this whole power cord diversion from this thread topic to the power cord thread if you think that's a more appropriate place.

Received the Blue Heaven cord several days ago, installed it on the Marantz AVR, replacing the AntiCable Reference 3 cord.

First listen with the Blue Heaven: a tad more musical, but a slight "sheen" on voices, male and female. 15 break-in hours later, sheen is gone, voices sounding completely natural.

Gets a little tricky comparing a brand new cord before break-in to a fully broken in cord. After 15-20 hours played on the Blue Heaven, it sounds just a tad mote musical than the AntiCable. AntiCable still produces the most absolutely clean, clear music. Best analogy I can think f is that the AntiCable plays similar to what a Sabre DAC sounds like, Nordost similar to what an AKM DAC sounds like, at least in my system. Maybe in my case, that's because the Marantz has an AKM DAC and that's what doing the digital to analog converting. Haven't tried analog out using the Oppo's Sabre DAC with this combo yet.

Nordost lit. suggests power cords are the FIRST cables to consider replacing. HMMM.

EITHER cord runs circles around the stock cord for naturalness, clarity, detail.

So right now, I have an AntiCable reference 3 on the Oppo player, the Nordost Blue Heaven on the Marantz AVR, and a Signal Magic on the ATi amp. A most pleasing combination... (maybe getting a synergistic effect of each cord's best strengths???).

I suspect choosing between the AntiCable and the Nordost comes completely down to personal listening preferences. Haven't tried Nordost's Red Dawn or above. For now, I'm leaving the Blue Heaven where it is and let it fully break in where it is first. At some point I'll try it on the Oppo player, but want to let it fully break in first.... final power cord combo TBD at some point. They'll all get a home somewhere in the system.

As always, YMMV.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, charliehatch, HTSME

• gmwinder's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 86
gmwinder Posted 6 years 3 months ago
My Blue Heaven power cables (3) and speaker cables and ics will be here Tues. I’ll play them for a few days and the report back
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, charliehatch, HTSME

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Rick, I have a couple of questions about your power path.

Are you running the power cable to the Marantz AVR directly from the wall? Or via a power conditioner? If conditioner, what power cable are you running to it?

And...

Do you have the fabled dedicated 20 Amp line to your system?

Thanks!

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 3 months ago

charliehatch wrote: Rick, I have a couple of questions about your power path.

Are you running the power cable to the Marantz AVR directly from the wall? Or via a power conditioner? If conditioner, what power cable are you running to it?

And...

Do you have the fabled dedicated 20 Amp line to your system?

Thanks!

Charlie

Hi, Charlie

Catching up on posts....

The sources (Oppo, Marantz AVR and SONOS Connect) are plugged into a Furman PL-PRO 20 amp rated power conditioner. They all sound better that way. I run a a second power strip off the same outlet for the Parasound and ATi amps, they sound better that way. The stock power cord feeding the Furman power conditioner is a 20 amp version (had to change out the receptacle to accomodate that), and it's a beefy 10 gauge.

Re dedicated circuits, no. But the 4 Triton towers are plugged into separate wall receptacles that feed only them, and the three of the four Tritons are on a separate 20 amp circuit. So, two 20 amp circuits providing power to various components. There are no other big power draws (or noise generators) on either of the two 20 amp circuits being used. I do have a Shunyata Defender noise suppressor plugged into the separate kitchen circuit where the refrigerators, dishwasher, garbage disposal etc. draw their power, plus one plugged into the circuit feeding the sources and amps, "in case".

Best I thought I could do with the electrical set-up I have. Wouldn't we all love the luxury of someday designing a HT or listening room from the ground up, acoustics, electrical and all!!! :)

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, charliehatch, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System I will have my pair of Triton One towers next week. How happy will I be?