file New Triton Ones!!!

• warriorant85's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 49
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
warriorant85 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Hi T Cobe,

Thanks for the recommendation on the box sizes! I think I'll just ask to have them delivered!!! :laugh: Also, I'll provide more info on the setup when the T1s are in place. We're doing some fairly extensive reorganization of our HT room to consolidate equipment. Since we may be moving soon, it's high time to sell off the non-essentials! :)

Thx,

Mark
Speakers: Triton 1s L/R, SCXXL, Triton 5s side, Monitor Audio 3is rear, HSU VTF-15H MK2 sub
Pre/Pro: Nuforce MCP-18, Onkyo PR-SC5507
Amps: Odyssey Stratos Extreme monoblocks L/R, Outlaw Audio 7700
Sources: Oppo BDP-105D, Music Hall 5.0 w/Goldring 1012GX, SB Touch
Display: Epson 5010 UB, SI 106"
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Congrats Mark on the new Triton Ones!!!!
You are building a fantastic home theater, well done!!
I am sure you will enjoy all the music and movies too. Blu ray concerts will be amazing in your theater too!!!!
We are excited for you!!!!
Enjoy, happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, warriorant85

warriorant85 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Hi Wayne!

Sounds like you'll be enjoying the Triton Ones very soon, yourself! Congratulations!!! I'm still waiting on a shipping notification for my pair, so I'm on hold at the moment... :S

Thanks,

Mark
Speakers: Triton 1s L/R, SCXXL, Triton 5s side, Monitor Audio 3is rear, HSU VTF-15H MK2 sub
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Mark, we both be excited, and waiting!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, warriorant85

warriorant85 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
Hey guys,

Well, I've had the T1's now for a few days and I must say that I am very impressed! They are easily the best sounding speakers I've ever owned. Previous speakers included KEF 107s and Magnepan 3.6Rs, in addition to various custom and bookshelf speakers. I spent the weekend choosing a good location for them, but have very limited options due to space in our small home theater. These are the first full range speakers I've had in the room, and also listened to, with a critical focus. It would appear that I have some issues in the room with bass frequencies around 50Hz. I played several tracks I know well, but was not hearing the potent bass I am used to hearing on some of these tracks. A good example was the track “The Man's Too Strong” by Dire Straits. The bass was fairly anemic. I ended up trying some bass warble tones I got with my HSU subwoofer and noticed that there was a significant drop around 50Hz. The next tone sample was at 40Hz and the output at my listening position was back to the levels I saw at 60Hz and above. Same for 31.5Hz. However, by 25Hz, the output levels were way down and there was essentially no output at 20Hz. To be fair, the custom speakers I used to have had two 12” VMPS woofers, one 8” VMPS mid bass driver, two 5” JVC midrange drivers and four Philips superdome tweeters, so they could move a lot of air. However, I don't think that's the whole story, here. I have the gain set at 12:00 to provide plenty of headroom and I do feel the bass is more than adequate on most music. So, I think room nodes may be the issue. Any recommendations short of moving? :lol:

Thanks!

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 10 months ago
Hi warriorant85,

I started with the T1s in my 2 channel setup, and then couldn't listen to music on my 5.1 channel so had to upgrade that to enjoy music in the living room again. So loving the GeT speakers and welcome to the club.
You can see my gear in my signature - sounds like yours is as good or better.
I don't hear any missing frequencies but haven't done a full sweep - I probably should.
On the dropoff - I presume you've looked at your preamp / receiver config and the crossover settings of where the pre starts to send low HZ to the subwoofers? Perhaps its set at 50 or 60 and you are offloading the GeTs too soon. I set mine as low as possible (40 HZ) I think to just have the sub kick in for movies essentially.
Just a thought...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: warriorant85

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back