file New Triton Ones!!!

• warriorant85's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 49
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
warriorant85 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Hey guys,

This is my first posting, but I come to the site fairly often. I'm awaiting delivery of a pair of Triton Ones to replace the front channels of my HT. The Triton Fives will move to surround duty and I'll replace the back channels down the road with AON 3s. I added the SuperCenter XXL a couple of months ago and am more than excited to add the Ones to the system!!! I love home theater, but my true passion is music, so the Triton Ones will be setup in a dedicated 2 channel arrangement, but become the front left/right when it's movie night! I have been trying to find a way to justify getting the Ones ever since they were announced two years ago, but wasn't sure it would ever happen. Now I'll have to listen to my records, CDs and high res music, all over again!!! Can you tell I'm excited! :laugh:

Thanks,

Mark
Speakers: Triton 1s L/R, SCXXL, Triton 5s side, Monitor Audio 3is rear, HSU VTF-15H MK2 sub
Pre/Pro: Nuforce MCP-18, Onkyo PR-SC5507
Amps: Odyssey Stratos Extreme monoblocks L/R, Outlaw Audio 7700
Sources: Oppo BDP-105D, Music Hall 5.0 w/Goldring 1012GX, SB Touch
Display: Epson 5010 UB, SI 106"
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe, aribraun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Hey, Mark!

Welcome to the forum! Your enthusiasm for T1's is right on. You're building an amazing system.

The T1's as fronts, or as anchors in 2 channel music, are just plain perfect. You're right, when you listen to your music collection played on the T1's you will hear things you're never heard before.. cymbals that show up, bass notes that suddenly just explode, piano chords that seem so real and clear.., dynamics in songs that previously seemed kind of tame. I've been listening for awhile, and I never get tired of what they do for music, or action movies.

ENJOY!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe, warriorant85

Thx, Rick!

My wife and love to entertain while watching movies, so we'll have friends and family over when we move the new speakers in and finish rearranging the room. The HSU VTH-15 MK2 sub will move to the back of the room and handle the bulk of the LFE channel, although I do intend to use the LFE inputs on the T1s. I was thinking I should set the SPL levels about -3 to -6DB down at the MPL referenced to the HSU sub output, in order to protect the T1s from abuse. Your thoughts?

As mentioned, we both have a passion for music and it's 90% of why I chose the T1s. We like a wide variety of genres, but occasionally, I just want to rock out! Love the live concert experience and I'll bet these bad boys can bring it home!!! :woohoo:

By the way, as I'm sure you're aware, you've got excellent equipment!!! :) I love my Oppo BDP-105D, as it can do some many things really well!

Take care!

Mark
Speakers: Triton 1s L/R, SCXXL, Triton 5s side, Monitor Audio 3is rear, HSU VTF-15H MK2 sub
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 11 months ago

Mark Bijok wrote: Thx, Rick!

My wife and love to entertain while watching movies, so we'll have friends and family over when we move the new speakers in and finish rearranging the room. The HSU VTH-15 MK2 sub will move to the back of the room and handle the bulk of the LFE channel, although I do intend to use the LFE inputs on the T1s. I was thinking I should set the SPL levels about -3 to -6DB down at the MPL referenced to the HSU sub output, in order to protect the T1s from abuse. Your thoughts?

Mark

Hey, Mark

Don't worry about the T1's holding their own in the bass department. No need to "protect" them. Yes, I recommend using LFE connections. Those 1,600 watt subs will more than carry their weight. I have mine set at 12 o'clock for music, and at -8 db in the AVR for LFE, vs 0 db gain for the T2's, not to "baby" them, but to balance the LFE bass I get from the front T1's vs. the surround T2's. And I get plenty.

I'd recommend setting the T1's for what sounds best to you in music, and then balancing LFE bass front to rear with the T1's and your sub in the rear, either by ear or with any room correction you may have. Look for balance, and don't worry, the T1's will happily give you all the bass you want. They do not need babying of any kind.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, warriorant85, aribraun

Rick,

That's great to hear! I may have read too much into Sandy's comments regarding using additional subs in his setup tips. I've been running some older passive subs from HSU & SVS and I had to keep their output much lower than the powered HSU sub to avoid bottoming out the cones. The T1s will replace those old subs for HT use and it sounds like they will be more than adequate as subwoofers. Thanks, again, for your input!

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Mark,

Congrats on the incoming T1s! Make sure you take a big vehicle to pick them up when they arrive. The boxes are enormous. :laugh:

You're definitely in for some great sound! Sounds like you have an Oppo and some additional subs in your setup. What else are you running? The T5s should be amazing surrounds and combined with the SCXXL, should provide for an amazing surround sound experience.

I second what Rick has said about the LFE. If you properly calibrate your home theater, you will have no issues bottoming out their drivers. I have my bass gain knob at about 12:00 for the best stereo music playback with speaker level inputs and am at about -4 dB in my AVR settings for LFE. I also have an old Paradigm sub just behind my primary listening position for a bit more dispersion and tactile feel. If you have some spare subs, you may want to give a third sub a try. You won't need the extra bass, but you may enjoy it.

Keep us posted on the arrival of your T1s and let us know if you have any setup questions. I look forward to hearing more about your setup as well. Pictures are always encouraged and appreciated. GET frequently posts customer photos from the forum on their Facebook site.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, warriorant85

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back