file Triton Twos with Oppo BD 95 and Denon AVR 889

• semolina_pilchard's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
semolina_pilchard Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Greetings,
I'm about to buy the Triton Twos and upgrade my disc player to an Oppo BD 95. My receiver is a Denon AVR 889. Anyone playing similar equipment through the Triton Twos have anything to report?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Hi. We've used the Oppo, sounds great. Can't speak to the Denon but I'm sure it will be fine, the Tritons are easy to drive.

• semolina_pilchard's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
semolina_pilchard Posted 11 years 8 months ago
:) Thanks for the input. Inching closer to the Triton Two experience I am so looking forward to.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Dear Semolina_Pilchard (love the Beatles reference),
I have the Oppo 95 and it is certifiably awesome. I play it through a Marantz AV7005 at the moment, and a couple of choices for SS amps. I am planning to use this setup whenever the Tritons FINALLY come to Thailand. So, sorry, I know I am not really answering your question. But I think, like the Moderator said, it will sound great.
BTW, you probably already know that the Oppo has it's own volume control and can be used without a preamp, if you wish. Can give a cleaner, simpler signal path to the amp if you ever want to go that way.
Enjoy and tell us how you get on. Some of us are eager to get Triton Twos.
God bless the child that's got his own.

• GOBLUE80's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3
GOBLUE80 Posted 11 years 7 months ago
I've also been looking at Denon receivers and was wondering how they'd sound with GoldenEars. I know the Denon is around $600, but that Oppo BD 95 is over $1000. Just out of curiousity, is it really worth the money? How much better is it than a $100 Panasonic or Sony BD player? I've never done a back to back comparison, but I have a hard time believing it is 10 times better. Also, why spend more on a BD player than a receiver/amp? Seems strange.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 7 months ago
Dear Goblue80,
Just my 2 cents worth:
The Triton 2 speakers deserve the BEST input you can give them. They will reward you with fantastic sound.
First, the best source of all the music and movies, which in my case is the Oppo 95--- because, as some have argued pretty convincingly, if the original source of the music is crap, then no matter what you do to amplify it or shape it afterwards, you will have a crappy sound. If the original is very close to the best you can get, then anything you do after that point is to try and not mess it up too much, you can never make it better. The Oppo 95 is the best first signal in the chain that I can afford. I would say,for the money, it is awesome. Worth 10X the price of others? Only you can say.
Second, then, the preamp, amplifier, or receiver should pass signals as faithfully as possible. IMHO separate processor and amps IF you can afford them, or really high quality integrated amp. If you can hear the difference in your system.
Obviously you have good ears and musical taste or you would not be on the GoldenEar Tech. forum.
Perhaps the Denon now, and leave room to upgrade later?
Up to you, but enjoy whatever way you go!!!!!
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Triton Twos with Oppo BD 95 and Denon AVR 889