file Triton Twos with Oppo BD 95 and Denon AVR 889

• LMarchione's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 12
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
LMarchione Posted 11 years 2 months ago
I use a Denon 3312CI AVR with Triton 3 and the sound is just amazing. My Bluray is (Samsong) not great. But I'm working on an Oppo 103. I really believe that the Triton 2 and Denon you have will pair well. I do wish, though, that the Denon I have would not HANG occasionally when switching inputs between Bluray and Pandora or other internet station. I've been a Pioneer receiver user for many years, and they have excellent quality electronics, but the sound does not compare to the Denon. I've owned the Triton 3 for less than three months now and I know that these speakers are going to be used for a long time.
Happy listening.
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 2 months ago
LMarchione,
Glad you are enjoying the Triton 3s. I feel sure you will like the Oppo 103 with them.
I am just commenting because I think I know the problem you are experiencing with the Denon, you said it "hangs" up when you change inputs. I may not know what you are referring to, but if it is just a 20 sec or so hang up, that is really the handshake protocol at is going on and it is somehow connected with HDMI and Sony (and other big boy studios) wanting to be sure you don't get anything for free. Everyone's unit does it, so far as I know and it is frustrating, a waste of time, but a fact of life.
It is not Denon's fault.
Perhaps someone else will shed some more light on this.
Anyway, enjoy listening!!!!
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• GOBLUE80's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3
GOBLUE80 Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Quick update... I purchased the Panasonic DMP-BDT500 Bluray player and couldn't be happier. Picture and sound quality are top notch. It has a great GUI, easy/advanced remote, and looks great too. If you're looking for a high quality Bluray without paying $1000 for an Oppo, you should check this Panasonic out. My local dealer (where I've been listening to the GoldenEar speakers) uses this Bluray player in one of his listening rooms.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Hi GOBLUE80,
Thanks for that suggestion, I had not heard of the Panny player, but checked it out online, and it looks great. Have you tried the "tube" sound on there? Funny it has that, but might sound good.
I will be staying with my Oppo 95, at least until I can get really up and running with a great file based system, as I have a lot of SACDs and DVD-A. That is one thing I like about the Oppo, it can play everything. And over here, it is all region too.
But that looks like a great choice for lots of people!!!!
Enjoy the music and movies!!!!
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Triton Twos with Oppo BD 95 and Denon AVR 889