file Music I enjoy and recommend

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Shenandoah's "Ghost in this House" from their Super Hits album.

I cranked the volume on this one. The GEt's nailed it.

Hey, Wayne, loved the Love Story video! Asleep at the switch, I guess.... just got to watch/listen.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: pic outta whack info_outline
In case somebody like me missed it, I will not say who won, but that was the BEST SuperBowl ever as far as exciting game goes!!!!
I did not care for the half time show. I thought it was dull, yeah, OK, good JT honored Prince I guess. Glad it was pretty clean.
But not my kind of music at all.
But the football was, GREAT!!!!! I did not have a dog in this hunt.
I got a new Fiber Optic internet connection prior to the game, twice as fast at 100 Mbps. It failed me 20 times during the game, missed the first TD and a critical first down. Plan to go back tonight and watch the game on TV and see what I missed.
The game started at 6/6:30 am here, so we (a buddy came over to watch with me) had coffee for drinks early, then jalapeno poppers with a choice of dips, Mrs. Renfros' smoked salsa and a homemade Ranch dip made with Jalapeno and Chipotle powders for kick.
Delicious, if I do say so myself. My lovely darling put the poppers together for me earlier and then fried them/served them up today while we watched. I am VERY blessed!!!!

Some decent ads, the Amazon ad in particular.
All in all a wonderful morning!!!!
Will need music so post SuperBowl depression does not set in.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The Amazon shipment just got here, first listen, I always love Greg Brown. This is pretty country, but it is PRETTY GOOD country.

Hoping there are LOTS more good ones on here.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Wayne: I pretty much a agree with your perception of the Super Bowl.
What a Wonderful night. The Eagles WON. Justin Timberlake sang the Halftime show. Even though I Dislike his music, by golly, he is so DREAMY! The commercials just didn't do anything for me. The Wife liked the Danny DeVito M& M commercial. I liked where Alexa was asked to play Country music, Her response........ silence.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: sp info_outline
Some clouds with a silver lining.
I really enjoy Gary Karr playing bass.
I really enjoy Albinoni's Adagio on the bass and organ.
So I knew I would love Gary Karr playing it. Unfortunately the Amazon only had a Japanese SACD pressing and it was $40.
Well, I got it, but by the time it got here, I had paid WAY more than that. Acoustic Sounds, the company that supplied the disc, decided to put it in a BIG 8 LP box along with a "free" catalog. Then my freight forwarder who charges by SIZE AND WEIGHT charged the stuffing outta me for sending it halfway around the world!!!!
And it is only SACD, not hybrid, so I cannot make a copy to play on my mobile rig.
The good news is, the silver lining is that the music plays DSD Stereo on my player, it only plays on the TOnes in that setting, even bypassing the sub, BUT it sounds Amazing!!!!
The Adagio is wonderful, deep, full bass to die for!!!!!
Then there is a piece by Beethoven, another by Franck, then a Sonata in 4 movements by Handel which sounds brilliant, followed by a beautiful Ave Maria. Late evening, sun setting when I got to the Ave Maria, and the birds outside started singing along.
Holy Moly!!!!!! A once in a lifetime experience probably, but SWEET AS!!!!!
Now I see the disc is outta stock and even more expensive on Amazon. I hope you can and will find it elsewhere at a decent price, but it is worth it!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 7 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: In case somebody like me missed it, I will not say who won, but that was the BEST SuperBowl ever as far as exciting game goes!!!!
I did not care for the half time show. I thought it was dull, yeah, OK, good JT honored Prince I guess. Glad it was pretty clean.
But not my kind of music at all.

I agree, it was a great game, right to the end.

I also agree on the half time show. Visually spectacular, and the music was OK, I think, but here I am sitting with one of the world's greatest stereo systems with my TRefs ready to go, and the sound from that show was so compressed I could barely hear what was being done. The crowd screaming didn't help (was this the Beatles?). Fifty thousand brass instruments at one point, and I couldn't tell if they were being played or not. I still wonder. So much compression that the whole thing sounded like noise.

So, yet another example of the death of dynamic range caused by the Loudness Wars. Will this never stop?

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Music I enjoy and recommend