file Music I enjoy and recommend

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 7 months ago
I agree Charlie about the game and the music/sound.
I don't like to be negative, but I thought the National Anthem by Pink pretty much sucked as well.
The sound in that case was good enough to hear that she the song was not in her range.
But JT's was just plain old uninteresting, IMHO. He is a wonderful performer normally, but those songs just missed me, did not hold my interest well enough to even listen to see how it sounded.
Never mind, the game more than made up for it!!!!! That was a LOT of offense!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 7 months ago
I was also disappointed in the audio for the halftime show (I have no dislike for JT or his music), not sure if it was compression or just a bad mix, but it sure didn't seem like anyone in charge was really trying to make it sound good. This is not endemic to the medium, this is just people in charge of broadcast audio doing a lousy job. I really think they should be called out for it too, no excuse with something that has this kind of $$ behind it. I have watched a few of the grammys broadcasts over the years and the audio, especially in the early days of HD, was spectacular. It CAN be done, someone just has to be competent, and care.

Regarding Pink and the NA, they managed to get the sound pretty good on that, much better (but albeit much easier). I thought Pink did quite well, given she was fighting the flu. I think she is a spectacular performer.

Everyone's a critic ... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Didn't know that Pink is fighting the flu. How do you know these things M.D.?
OK, I will cut her some slack.
God bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 7 months ago
LOL, I was wondering why she seemed a bit weak in her presentation and Googled it ... first news item that came up was "Pink fighting the flu...".
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
As a football fan first, and a Pat’s fan second, gotta’ say it was a great game! The Pat’s don’t have to win everything every year. That would be boring for all.

The second guessers need to give it a rest. Nick Foles was amazing. Hat’s off to Doug Peterson, did a superb coaching job all year for Philadelphia.

As to the halftime show, I’m glad to see others wondering where the SQ went also. I was sitting there, 9 GEt channels ready to put me right there in the stadium with glorious surround .... didn’t quite get there (though my wife, the dancer, loved that part).

Surround SQ for the game wasn’t bad.

I’ll take the offensive shows of the last two Superbowls anytime over the sometimes cautious, even boring ones in the past where some coaches played not to lose vs. aggressively playing to win. Doug Peterson deserves a lot of credit. He played to win. That 4th down decision to try a trick play (Nick Foles as receiver for touchdown!!!) vs kicking a sure field goal. That’s playing to win against a team that can also score. I repect that.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well said Bro Rick, you are the voice of reason here.
I can appreciate you having roots up North, but Nick Foles did play his high school ball over at Westlake, not far from you.
My family's connections there were the only reason, other than they were the underdogs, that I was cheering for them. And what a game it was, offense all over the place!!!!!

Moderator Dude said "Everyone's a critic" and I would say, Guilty as charged!

Actually I watched the game over again last night, tried to watch the half time show again, but could not, it was simply boring for me. I even liked Lady Gaga better, and that is saying a LOT for me, I am much more of a JT fan than hers. Well, actually I prefer him acting.

So, just because we are all about Golden Ears here, let me paste here the GOLD standard in singing the National Anthem, IMHO:
Adjust your ears back to greatness, sing it Miss Whitney and RIP.

God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Music I enjoy and recommend