file What do you consider "Timeless" music????

• Visitor
  • Visitor
dave@get Posted 11 years 1 week ago
Hey all, a shameless plug for my post over in the Top 10 Live Album thread... has anyone gone to the Internet Archive to look at all the concerts that are absolutely free, clear and legal for download? www.archive.org and click on live music, should you be so inclined. This is the last post I'll make about this here so as not to hijack anything. Maybe we should start a thread for the Live Music Archive so we can share our discoveries there? I've gotta run for the night, but if anyone wants to start it, please do.

Anyway, there is some great music at the archive, and sometimes it's nice to feed the beast (our hi-fi systems) with free music! Plus, it's an easy way to discover lots more.

If you're lucky enough to have GoldenEars to listen with and you like Roots Rock, try these two shows:

Wayne Healy (one of the Freddy Jones Band founders) solo show at Eddie's Attic in Decatur, GA: archive.org/details/fjb2010-05-06
The whole set is good and you really sense the up front immediacy of the local club on this one (it's a soundboard recording).

This is a rare acoustic Freddy Jones Band full band show, sounds like a soundboard recording to me: archive.org/details/fjb2010-09-25.FLAC

Enjoy, and yes, I am a big time FJB fan!

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 11 years 1 week ago
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by anthem. info_outline
Dave thanks for the Huey Lewis and the News flashback. Picture This...rocked my world and still does. Just listened to "Do You Believe in Love" and I had some serious goose bumps going on. Good memories.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dave@get

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 6 days ago
Good to have you back Dave.
Thanks for the mention of B. W. Stevenson, he is my man!!!!
Check out "Lead Free"
in particular "Texas Morning" and "Save a Little Time for Love".

I was blessed to hear B. W. several times live and meet him before his untimely death.

Enjoy, Blessings,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 6 days ago
@ Dave's shameless plug, we can do shameless here, no problem.
I went to that site and could not figure it out in the short time I gave it. I was more interested in free other music, rather than LIVE, and did not find how to get it, find what they had to offer.

Here is the real problem though: I can't keep up. There has been some great music mentioned here, that I don't have, wanta get. But that takes time and money. Both are in short supply.
Where were these great, useful, entertaining threads when I was suffering though that long, dry spell called "Not Football season"????
When I am on the road working, there is NO music, and I cannot watch much if any football (hotels in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, S'pore, not so much American football). So I have time for great threads like these.
But now that I am home, I can play music, BUT it is football season Y'all. It is ON. I gotta watch and cheer all I can NOW.

Keep up the great suggestions, I will keep up, catch up the best I can between games.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
dave@get Posted 11 years 6 days ago
Anthem,

'Picture This' is a great album! And to play to Wayne's love of concert videos, Huey Lewis' "Live at 25" DVD is great. I like the way they reworked "Do You Believe in Love" here. I know live music recordings aren't your favorite, but I liked this one a lot.

Dave

anthem wrote: Dave thanks for the Huey Lewis and the News flashback. Picture This...rocked my world and still does. Just listened to "Do You Believe in Love" and I had some serious goose bumps going on. Good memories.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
dave@get Posted 11 years 6 days ago
Wayne,

The two FJB links should take you right to the pages for those concerts. I wonder if they only work in the US? If you got to those pages, scroll down and you can download the shows in different qualities, track by track. I always get FLAC or SHN, but connection speed isn't a problem here.

You can try this link which will take you to the list of bands with recordings available. Just click the band or artist's name to see the shows available. archive.org/browse.php?collection=etree&...2Fmetadata%2Fcreator

I don't know about studio recordings there, but the live music archive is all stuff by bands that are considered "taper friendly" and are OK with (and have approved of) free trading of concert recordings to spread the word. Free downloadable studio stuff is rare, as that's one of the few venues for artists to make a wage these days.

Dave

WayneWilmeth wrote: @ Dave's shameless plug, we can do shameless here, no problem.
I went to that site and could not figure it out in the short time I gave it. I was more interested in free other music, rather than LIVE, and did not find how to get it, find what they had to offer.

Here is the real problem though: I can't keep up. There has been some great music mentioned here, that I don't have, wanta get. But that takes time and money. Both are in short supply.
Where were these great, useful, entertaining threads when I was suffering though that long, dry spell called "Not Football season"????
When I am on the road working, there is NO music, and I cannot watch much if any football (hotels in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, S'pore, not so much American football). So I have time for great threads like these.
But now that I am home, I can play music, BUT it is football season Y'all. It is ON. I gotta watch and cheer all I can NOW.

Keep up the great suggestions, I will keep up, catch up the best I can between games.
God Bless,
Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming What do you consider "Timeless" music????