file Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Watched "Expendables 3", sorta a "grandpas save the younger tough guys and a gal".
Best thing I saw in the movie: Sly Stallone gets blown off a bridge, flies through the air, lands in the river below and rolled downstream and HIS HORRIBLE WIG NEVER EVEN CAME OFF!!!!
Best quote: "Never do business with the government".
My copy is just a DVD and so I will not complain about the PQ and SQ not being up to snuff, though there was a good splosion!
This must be a fund raiser for old has been "action heroes" who have run outta money.
I just have this on because we bought it, and because it is still almost 2 hours before an NFL game starts. Just waiting to see if I keep Marshawn Lynch on my fantasy team this week or not?
Oh, the movie, I might not even finish it, definitely NOT RECOMMENDED.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Lynch should have a big day against the Bears. Their defense is a lot like single ply TP. Seattle should definitely get their first win although the Bears played a respectable game against the Packers. I think they are better than analysts gave them credit for being at the beginning of the season.
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ha ha T.
Well the good news is that Lynch did play, the bad news is that he did not play much or well, only made 3 points for me.
I got skunked again this week.
I had Russel Wilson AND Lynch and they blanked/shut out the Bears and it was still a bust for fantasy points.
I did like the reference to single ply toilet paper though.
I guess I should give up fantasy football and spend more time on crappy movies.
Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Wayne,

That's odd, I looked at the rushing and passing yards of that game and both looked good. Who was doing all the rushing? In any case, the Seahawks vindicated my derogatory comments about the Bears. That was a whooping.

Ive never had the time to commit to fantasy football and it really is a game of chance. The first rule of gambling is that the house always wins. Also, my luck would be best illustrated by William Macy's character in The Cooler. My friends and family give me a hard time about it and seldom want to be my partner in games of chance. That said, if you're having fun and not losing any or a lot of money, have at it. I guess if you stopped, you'd have more time for cinematic gems like The Expendibles 3. ;)

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey T.
I don't bet on the fantasy football, I am like you, I CANNOT bet because I am totally unlucky on games of chance.
And I think money is too hard to come by to just fritter it all away stupidly.
AND even IF I won, I would feel bad for taking someone else's money.
I am just playing with friends, and we pay a $50 fee so a few people will get their money back and one will get enough money to buy a new power cable!!! ha ha
IF there is an Expandables 4 I will NOT be watching it, as I did not on the 1 & 2.
God Bless,
Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Wayne,

I feel the same way about gambling for money. Regarding The Expendibles, I have to admit thy are a guilty pleasure. They are kind of fun and generate a bit of nostalgia with the action stars of my childhood.

To keep the thread appropriate, the Wife and I started Orphan Black on Amazon Prime yesterday. PQ and SQ were hit and miss depending on internet speeds. The story was interesting and the actress playing the main character plays a lot of roles and does a good job. The genre is sci-fi, mystery/suspense and is entertaining so far.

The verdict is out on some of the new Fall line up but we really enjoyed Life In Pieces. It is a sitcom with a great cast and is very well written. I was a bit surprised with the content and felt it may not have been entirely appropriate for network TV at 7:30 PM. I'd watch the first episode without the kids to decide for yourself. I definitely recommend the first episode. Pilots can tell you a lot about a new series. I'm not so sure about The Player and Heroes Reborn...

Cheers,

T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Which Blu-ray did you watch last night?