file Currently playing

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 7 years 9 months ago

From the Amazon.com Editorial Review section of this album:

"One of the most iconic and instantly recognizable voices in music history is back in a way you've never heard before. Macy Gray makes her Chesky Records debut with her new Jazz infused album, Stripped. Paired with an awe inspiring jazz ensemble that includes Ari Hoenig, Daryl Johns, Russell Malone, and Wallace Roney, Macy's voice is given the space and freedom to truly shine. Featuring new original songs, intriguing covers, and stunning new arrangements of her classic hits like "I Try," there's something for everyone on this timeless recording."

"Part of the Chesky Binaural + Series, all recorded with a single microphone, the band appears right before you with this spacious, lush and multi-dimensional recording. Now headphone users will hear the same three-dimensional sound and imaging as audiophiles have for the past 25 years with Chesky Recordings. Also these new Binaural+ Series albums capture even more spatial realism for the home audiophile market, bringing you one step closer to the actual event. You will hear some of the most natural and pure cool music ever recorded."

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Hey T Cobe,
As I said, went a bit low-end to see if I'd like vinyl. Certainly am enjoying spinning the discs so far!
What components did you go with? Sounds like a good match for the Triton speakers...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Pbgalvin,

The turntable is the Pioneer PLX-1000, the cartridge is the Ortofon 2M Bronze, and my preamp with phono input is the Emotiva XSP-1. I've been very happy with the combination! I was a little apprehensive about spending to much money up front without knowing if I would enjoy vinyl, but I tried to stay on a budget and get the most bang for my buck. I think I accomplished what I set out to do and envision growing my record collection.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Pbgalvin wrote: Been "vinyl interested" for a while. Picked up a cheap turntable (music Hall usb-1) and cheap phono amp cambridge audio, broke out some old vinyl, bought some new and some old (from ebay) and having a grand old time.
I'd say the lower the note, the less interesting. But strings and vocals sound outstanding through the T1s.
Just got in my new copy of CSNs, first album, CSN. Outstanding harmonies!

Pbgalvin,

Which phono pre-amp and cartridge did you pair with the music hall?

Cheers,

T Cobe

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
Hey T,
Thanks for the details, I'll have a look. What percentage of listening time do you spend on vinyl? How big is your library?
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
The Music Hall came with a cartridge. Using the www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0079OA0UU/ref...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 preamp...

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back