• Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Roy Hargrove's Crisol /Havana (1997) -- Una Mas

Some great music here, guys.
Enjoy!

T Cobe: I hate to say this, but I Hate the Banjo...there I said it...I feel better.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

T Cobe wrote:

More from the Flecktones. This one goes out to all my fellow bass heads. This one digs deep! Turn it up and enjoy.

Cheers,

T Cobe

T Cobe, even on the SONY MDR 1A headphones, the bass is DEEP, clean. I can only imagine for now how it sounds on your T1's..

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 2 months ago

rjohn79395 wrote: Is this delay issue unique to this thread, with by far the most posts??? I can't say as I've seen it happen with other threads... Maybe the file size for this thread is pushing the envelope for file management? Just a WAG.
Rick

Hi music lovers. I love audio, always have, its been my life and career. I also love music and movies. But, I HATE COMPUTERS. Over the years I have had to work with computers more and more, which has made me hate it more and more, and made me/the company pay for other people (who must love computers) to deal with this stuff. Unfortunately, to manage that, I have had to learn way too much about computers over the many years. So, here's what I know (more specifically because my past answers seem to invoke only humor):

We changed to a new server a while back. The new server "caches" pages (yeah, pages, so you are correctly on to something) for a period of time. It does this to try and make your computer run faster on our forum/website. Problem is, if the page doesn't change, you will keep seeing the "cached" (stored) page instead of the page with the new post. Everyone else WILL see it, but you won't until the page changes or the time constant (whatever the hell that is) allows the cached page to refresh. I've told our IT firm (you know, those guys we have to pay) about the issue this creates in the forum and "they're working on it"... Its frickin' annoying, but if you (the poster) wait 24 hours, the post will appear on your computer. If you don't believe me, go look at the forum on another screen (like your phone), the post will be there.

We're trying to get this weird problem fixed, but I love audio ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
I'm with you, Moderator Dude!

I absolutely love music, and tolerate/use computers (a lot) because they get things done for me I couldn't do otherwise. But peace, serenity, being mesmerized comes from music, not computers.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 2 months ago

anthem wrote:

Roy Hargrove's Crisol /Havana (1997) -- Una Mas

Some great music here, guys.
Enjoy!

T Cobe: I hate to say this, but I Hate the Banjo...there I said it...I feel better.

Well, Anthem, we can't agree on everything. What's your deal with the banjo? Flashbacks of the movie Deliverance? That was a traumatic and disturbing movie. ;)

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 2 months ago

Moderator wrote:

rjohn79395 wrote: Is this delay issue unique to this thread, with by far the most posts??? I can't say as I've seen it happen with other threads... Maybe the file size for this thread is pushing the envelope for file management? Just a WAG.
Rick

Hi music lovers. I love audio, always have, its been my life and career. I also love music and movies. But, I HATE COMPUTERS. Over the years I have had to work with computers more and more, which has made me hate it more and more, and made me/the company pay for other people (who must love computers) to deal with this stuff. Unfortunately, to manage that, I have had to learn way too much about computers over the many years. So, here's what I know (more specifically because my past answers seem to invoke only humor):

We changed to a new server a while back. The new server "caches" pages (yeah, pages, so you are correctly on to something) for a period of time. It does this to try and make your computer run faster on our forum/website. Problem is, if the page doesn't change, you will keep seeing the "cached" (stored) page instead of the page with the new post. Everyone else WILL see it, but you won't until the page changes or the time constant (whatever the hell that is) allows the cached page to refresh. I've told our IT firm (you know, those guys we have to pay) about the issue this creates in the forum and "they're working on it"... Its frickin' annoying, but if you (the poster) wait 24 hours, the post will appear on your computer. If you don't believe me, go look at the forum on another screen (like your phone), the post will be there.

We're trying to get this weird problem fixed, but I love audio ...

Thanks, Moderator! If you say you're working on it, that's good enough for me. In the big scheme of things, this is a minor annoyance and that's why I make light of it. Hopefully my tongue and cheek comments haven't been offensive.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back