file Currently playing

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 2 months ago
Rick,

I think my experience thus far has led me to believe that investing on the smallest voltage signal makes the most difference. In other words, starting with the source and moving through the speakers. The voltage is smallest on the source and passing the best signal from a CD player or turntable to the pre-amp seems to be most important. That seems consistent with Anti-Cables recommendations as well.

To date, the biggest difference I have noticed is in the interconnects. Power cables are probably number two based on my experience but I think it depends on where you're at with all of your gear and your listening environment. Again, the house sound makes a huge difference and addressing acoustics should probably be #2, right behind picking the correct speakers! ;)

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 2 months ago

T Cobe wrote:

Where did the week go?! It's hard to believe it's already Friday. I have a batch of jambalaya and jalapeño cornbread cooking upstairs, Blues and Roots singing through the T1s, and a distiller's edition of a Caol Ila whiskey in my glass. Needless to say, it's shaping up to be quite a Friday night!

Anthem: That's a very kind and generous offer on the speaker cables. I'll let you know but I'm always hesitant to borrow items that may get lost or damaged. Particularly expensive ones. I just ordered a few power cables and plan to get those in place for a bit before I move onto the speaker wire. I'll have to save up my discretionary account a bit before I even consider speaker cables. After I finish with my 2-channel cables, I'll need to move onto my home theater setup... It's never ending! Thanks for all your input on great gear and music!

Cheers,

T Cobe

I second the motion on Anthem's contributions!! Anthem, you are a ROCK on this forum. Just love reading and listening to your posts. Always something good, funny, whatever.

Keep at it, my friend. It's appreciated.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395

T Cobe wrote: Rick,

I think my experience thus far has led me to believe that investing on the smallest voltage signal makes the most difference. In other words, starting with the source and moving through the speakers. The voltage is smallest on the source and passing the best signal from a CD player or turntable to the pre-amp seems to be most important. That seems consistent with Anti-Cables recommendations as well.

To date, the biggest difference I have noticed is in the interconnects. Power cables are probably number two based on my experience but I think it depends on where you're at with all of your gear and your listening environment. Again, the house sound makes a huge difference and addressing acoustics should probably be #2, right behind picking the correct speakers! ;)

Cheers,

T Cobe

Thanks, T Cobe!

You have convinced me I need to explore interconnects more, and I will. And you're right also that addressing room acoustics is important. I'm some frustrated that I haven't made more progress with my HT guy on that. Another area to follow up on come September.

Keep at it!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 2 months ago

Acoustic Alchemy /Against the Grain (1994) -- Nouveau Tango

Gorgeous song...sounds Great Cranked.

Boys, Boys, Boys...I feel like a scorned woman that has had her advances rejected. What if I put on a Clean pair of Depends, would that help?
It's all good, it is what it is.
Now on the other hand, if any of you boys want to send Electronics, pc's, interconnects, Bro Anthems way...Daddy didn’t raise no fool...Bring it.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
Hey, Anthem

Scorned? Heck no. Come September, I'll be looking at things I can borrow and try. HMMM.. Decware Torii, Ant-Cable RCA's, amazing CD collection.... :P :laugh:

Rick
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 2 months ago

Jane Ira Bloom / The Red Quartets (1999) - It's a Corrugated World

Arrived today. Another wonderful addition to the library. Ballad and mid tempo arrangements here. The cd has an overall good flow to it, but rarely burns rubber. Sonically well recorded. Soprano sax can be hard to control, the Torri handled it very well.

Today is Bro Anthems Birthday.
I know, I know...Happy Birthday to me.
My Dear Wife got me Duluth Buck Naked Underwear for my birthday.
They have a No Bull Guarantee, No Hassle No Nonsense
No Pinch No Stink No Sweat
I think I'll leave them on for a week and see if the Guarantee holds true.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back