file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Saturday morning...trying to get in a couple of licks before work. BWB/Human Nature (2013) -- Billie Jean.

Rick Braun, Kirk Walhum, and Norman Brown -- a tribute to Michael Jackson

Yes Bro Wayne, Bro Anthem can see your videos. If the video fails the first time, it's like your hair...shampoo, rinse, lather, and repeat. Ever since the guy's at GE have updated the site, the videos are much, much, easier to watch.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Well Guys,
I will break with tradition here and not add a music vid.
The conversation lately was about Virgil Fox playing the organ.
I did not get the Gamut, instead I got the RCA Living Stereo version of his "Encores" CD/SACD.
You all know I love the SACDs that play in 3 channel, but I did not get that this time, as a friend gave me a download
of the two channel file.
I would probably like the 3 channel better, and for sure I WISH I had the disc, because the file I have only plays (easily anyway) two channel with NO SUBWOOFER. And this needs a SUB to help out my T2s on the lowest parts.
The one song on here that was a sorta surprise and a pleasant one, is Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance. It really sounds good.
But IF this one really digs deep, then I could not hear it on my system.
If someone knows, please tell me.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Well Uncle Rick, young blood Anthem finally took The Bach Gamut for a spin. Interesting to say the least. The first track, Fantasy and Fugue in G minor, put out some real heavy duty sub action that caused me to turn it down. I generally listen to a new cd all the way through the first time at a lower volume, to get a feel of how the dynamics will sound at higher volumes. I can see where this cd, if played loudly, could break glass and crack walls. I will give it another spin next week at a higher volume...thanks Rick for the recommendation.

Virgil Fox/The Bach Gamut (Reference Recordings) -- Fantasy and Fugue in G minor.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 11 months ago

anthem wrote: Well Uncle Rick, young blood Anthem finally took The Bach Gamut for a spin. Interesting to say the least. The first track, Fantasy and Fugue in G minor, put out some real heavy duty sub action that caused me to turn it down. I generally listen to a new cd all the way through the first time at a lower volume, to get a feel of how the dynamics will sound at higher volumes. I can see where this cd, if played loudly, could break glass and crack walls. I will give it another spin next week at a higher volume...thanks Rick for the recommendation.

Virgil Fox/The Bach Gamut (Reference Recordings) -- Fantasy and Fugue in G minor.

Hi, Anthem!

Yeah, it's best to tie down loose objects, loose fillings, whatever, before playing some of the tracks on"the Bach Gamut" CD. Between the original taping done on three microphones in the 70's and the later digital mastering by Prof. Johnson, those folks really knew what they were doing. I've not heard a better recording of pipe organ.

I played "Prelude and Fugue in D" again this afternoon, the first playing since installing the OPPO and the Marantz. Again, I listened in surround, letting the T1's, T2's and SCXXL "have at it". Again, I was there in the church, FEELING the music all around me, totally immersed. The OPPO brought out even more detail. I haven't tried adding in the ceiling Invisa'a yet. That's for another day.

Enjoy!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Take me to the river
And wash me down
Won't you cleanse my soul
Put my feet on the ground

Sunday afternoon, listening to Rick Braun/Can you feel it (2014) -- Take me to the River
Elliott Yamin does the vocals...great, great song...never gets old.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Truly a great song Bro Anthem, never get tired of it.
But I can't play your post. Don't know why, I keep trying, "If at first you don't succeed, then suck and suck until you do suck seed!!!!!!!
It almost always says Video Not Available.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back