file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 9 years 5 months ago
The wife went to work yesterday and returned with some new tunes. Currently listening to Schumann - Symphony No.1 "Spring" - Second Movement:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Oh Man, Brother Anthem,
Am I glad to hear you playing some grown-up music!!!!!
Seriously, just happy you are enjoying your system so well, happy listening!!!!!
Happy Easter too!!!! Christ is Risen!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
Roman Johnston Posted 9 years 5 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Am I glad to hear you playing some grown-up music!!!!!
Wayne

Waddaya trying to say?!? :P

Roman
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Hey Roman, you are OK, but Brother Anthem has a tendency to dance around the room in leotards with barbells in his hands listening to elevator music!!!!! Just good to see him listening to classical.
Ahhhh, Bro Anthem, you know I love ya!!!!!
Art, you mentioned a few times liking choral music, I am listening to Mozart's Requiem and Clarinet Concerto. There are a LOT of versions of the Requiem (I REALLY like this because to me, IMHO, this is Mozart at his MOST grown up!) and I got this in Hi-Res from a friend, loved it so much I had to buy the disc (which is not hi-res that I know of). After the Clarinet Concerto, which sounds surprisingly good, the Requiem is just awesome!!!!!

Many of you guys know that I am not at home, not able to listen to my beloved GE Tritons.
AND, I have finally caved to the realization that NOBODY in my house in Thailand has ANY appreciation of Western Music other than me!
AND nobody in my house appreciates my music at all, especially at the volume I need to really enjoy it.
What to do? This was a hard decision for me.........
AND I am still not giving up totally on listening to music through my speaker system, MOST importantly listening to 3 channel, or 5.1 channel surround sound, or MOST IMPORTANT--Blu-ray concerts in surround sound.
But for two channel music, day or especially at night, as loud as I want, I bought some decent headphones. HiFiMan HE 400i
These are not for portable listening, open back--too much sharing for that, these are at home listening headphones.
I have Shure SE 215 LE iems for listening in a plane and such.
Just breaking the headphones in on Mozart and Rock and Roll.
Enjoy guys,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Boys, boys, boys...lighten up on brother Anthem :) The wife, at this point, is not fond of Classical music. I've been trying to break her in gradually, but it will take some time. Currently listening to Pete Seeger, Sonny Terry, Brownie McGhee -- Down by the Riverside:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by ArthurDaniels. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: Art, you mentioned a few times liking choral music, I am listening to Mozart's Requiem and Clarinet Concerto. There are a LOT of versions of the Requiem (I REALLY like this because to me, IMHO, this is Mozart at his MOST grown up!) and I got this in Hi-Res from a friend, loved it so much I had to buy the disc (which is not hi-res that I know of). After the Clarinet Concerto, which sounds surprisingly good, the Requiem is just awesome!!!!!

Enjoy guys,
God Bless,
Wayne

Hi Wayne,

The Mozart Requiem is one of the most popular compositions in the choral/orchestral repertoire. The music is tuneful and accessible and not overly-demanding on the singers. I have sung it with two different choral organizations and it is fun to sing (I am an old-guy Tenor).

May I recommend several other requiems for your listening pleasure - The Requiem by Gabriel Faure and John Rutter's Requiem. If you want a bombastic requiem to stretch your sound system, listen to the Verdi Requiem. Then, there's always Carmina Burana for sheer choral/orchestral sonic splendor (I recommend the Telarc recording under Robert Shaw).

Welcome to my listening world.

Best,

Art

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back