file What's your build? Makes, Models, AVR, Separates

• ChiefMutig's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ChiefMutig Posted 11 years 4 months ago
Hi everyone. So we either have or want Goldenear speakers. I'm curious to know the other side of the equation--what's driving your system? Specifically:

1. Goldenear speaker setup
2. List your AVR or Preamp Processor and Amplifier and any pros/cons
3. How you've set it up: manually or with a room correction, crossover setting, etc.
4. How your set up compares to what you've heard or had previously
5. Overall impression
6. Pictures? :woohoo:

Moderator, if this is better suited elsewhere please feel free to move, I'm just curious to know what people have to potentially help us with other decisions after the obvious speaker decision is made :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 4 months ago
All good, let's see what our members have to say... many have already listed their systems as part of other threads, and I've listed our trade show demo system electronics when asked here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChiefMutig

I'm personally thinking about the Marantz AV7701 processor with either an Outlaw 7500 or Emotiva XPR5 amplifier. I don't know if that'd be overkill, but if I went with an AVR I'd been considering the Marantz 7007 or the Pioneer SC-68. Something about the XLR connections for the preamp and amp truly appeal to me.

• Hipnotizer's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
Hipnotizer Posted 11 years 4 months ago
I have a Triton Cinema set up with Triton two towers, 50c and two superset 3. My AVR is a pioneer elite sc-61. I have it hooked up to my home network for FLAC streaming and all I can say is wow. Music sounds absolutely incredible. The depth, soundstage and imaging is truly jaw dropping and the clarity is outstanding. I also have been playing games with my set up and it makes such a difference. You can actually hear the direction that enemies are coming from with pin point accuracy, which makes it a much more immersive experience. All I can say is "wow".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, ChiefMutig

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Utftballfan Posted 11 years 4 months ago
My current system consist of:
Emotiva XPA-5 Amp
Emotiva UMC-1 Processor
Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray
Definitive Technology 2006tl fronts and CLR 2300 center and BPX rear surrounds

I am trying to sell the definitive speakers because I have ordered (and will pick up tomorrow) the SuperSat 3s for L/C/R and the Forcefield 4 subwoofer. I will have to wait on the surrounds until I sell the DTs.

Thanks Hipno and ballfan for sharing. So great to hear and learn of your builds and your thoughts around them.

Ballfan, how pleased are your regarding your Emotiva products? They seem like a great package but I haven't been able to find too many reviews or comparisons out there and I have yet to have the opportunity to listen with them. They seem to be pretty polarizing with people that either love them or detest them. Thanks!

Hipno, are you running any additional amplifiers or are you powering your entire setup with the SC 61? Has the D3 processor ever come up short? It's great to hear your thoughts on the depth, soundstage and imaging. Thank you!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming What's your build? Makes, Models, AVR, Separates