file What's your build? Makes, Models, AVR, Separates

• Hipnotizer's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Hipnotizer Posted 11 years 4 months ago
I am powering the entire set up with the sc-61 with no additional amplifiers. It seems to me that the d3 processor is very good indeed. I have not felt it has come up short in anyway yet. Games, movies and music all sound amazing. I prefer to run it in "pure direct" mode though without any of the the units processing enabled. I find it is a touch clearer in pure direct mode. The bass is full, rich and deep. The mids are exceptional and the highs are crystal clear. I feel the sc-61 pairs very well with these speakers. I am sure there are "better" amplifiers out there but I am totally happy and content with the sc-61 as it performs wonderfully in every area I need it too. The fact that it plays 24-bit flac is icing on the cake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Utftballfan Posted 11 years 4 months ago
The Emotiva amp has performed flawlessly. It has plenty of power and produces good highs, mids and lows. I had some issues with the UMC-1 but customer service at Emotiva is first class. They replaced my unit and I have not had any issues since. My only gripe is that is already discontinued and an upgraded unit is available. If I would have known the UMC-200 was going to be available I would have waited a few months to get it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Utftballfan Posted 11 years 4 months ago

ChiefMutig wrote: Thanks Hipno and ballfan for sharing. So great to hear and learn of your builds and your thoughts around them.

Ballfan, how pleased are your regarding your Emotiva products? They seem like a great package but I haven't been able to find too many reviews or comparisons out there and I have yet to have the opportunity to listen with them. They seem to be pretty polarizing with people that either love them or detest them. Thanks!

Hipno, are you running any additional amplifiers or are you powering your entire setup with the SC 61? Has the D3 processor ever come up short? It's great to hear your thoughts on the depth, soundstage and imaging. Thank you!

The Emotiva amp has performed flawlessly. It has plenty of power and produces good highs, mids and lows. I had some issues with the UMC-1 but customer service at Emotiva is first class. They replaced my unit and I have not had any issues since. My only gripe is that is already discontinued and an upgraded unit is available. If I would have known the UMC-200 was going to be available I would have waited a few months to get it.
Utftballfan

NOW ONLINE
Fresh Boarder

• Visitor
  • Visitor
walker Posted 11 years 4 months ago
1.Triton 2
2.SuperSat 60c
3.4 Invisa 650
4. FF5
5, Marantz AV8801
6. Marantz MM8003
7. OPPO 95
8. PS 3
9. Apple TV
10.APC Power
11.Cables/Interconnect AudioQuest/ Tributaires

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 11 years 3 months ago
Anthem Statement D2V- processor
Anthem Statement P2- surround amp.
Anthem MCA-50- rear amp.
Emotiva XPA-1- left front amp
Emotiva XPA-1- right front amp
Emotiva XPA-1- center amp
Denon-3800 BDCI Blu-ray player
Cambridge Audio-azur 840c CD player
Goldenear Triton 2-right and left front speakers
Goldenear Supersat 60c-center
Goldenear Supersat 3-surrounds
Paradigm studio ADP-470v.3-rears
Def Techs Reference subwoofer
Def Tech supercube 1 subwoofer
Furman-Elite 15
Adcom ACE-515 AC enhancer
Emotiva CMX6 AC line filter
Audio quest interconnects
Shunyata-power cords
Clear view Double Helix speaker cable
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 3 months ago
Very nice...

If you are an ARC user, we have found best results with our speakers when reducing the default maximum frequency for correction. The default is 5K Hz, we have found best results with the max set at 1500 Hz to as low as 500 Hz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming What's your build? Makes, Models, AVR, Separates