file We Like Cars Too

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 7 years 1 month ago
I'm in the T Cobe Bandcamp. At 19 I had a 69 Chevelle SS with a 396, 4-barrel, Hurst 4-speed. Nine mpg sounds about right. I always felt the need to hear squallin' tires everywhere I went...3 mpg and bald tires. Eventually sold it for a 4-door Impala.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

anthem wrote: I'm in the T Cobe Bandcamp. At 19 I had a 69 Chevelle SS with a 396, 4-barrel, Hurst 4-speed. Nine mpg sounds about right. I always felt the need to hear squallin' tires everywhere I went...3 mpg and bald tires. Eventually sold it for a 4-door Impala.

Yup. Polyester cord tires and squealing them seemed to wear them out in 4-5,000 miles or less.

Sold mine after our first kid was born and my wife wasn't thrilled with quick take-offs with child in back...

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: can info_outline
Enjoy boys!
I have always been more interested in the sound system in the car than the car itself.
They have always been a PITA and source of frustration and disappointment to me.
The GTO I bought once I did not keep long; bought a brand new BMW once to be my one good car, thought I deserved that after years of hard work, it was NOT. I drove SAABs in Europe before they were nerd cars.
This goes counter to the comments above about the big American cars, but the ONLY car I ever enjoyed at all was a BIG BLACK old used Infiniti, with a sun roof and the seat that went back to let you out, up into place after you got in, the same with the tilt steering wheel. REALLY retro look and feel, sorta luxurious.
Oh, you guys want to talk about fast cars, don't know anything about them. The car I got all my speeding tickets in was a Nissan Maxima, best, most dependable car I ever had.
I know I am not really joining in this conversation at all.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Wayne,

I've also owned a Nissan Maxima and liked the car very much. I think the quiet and smooth running cars can be difficult to keep under the speed limit. My current car is much the same. It's quiet, has over 300 hp, all wheel drive, and a buttery smooth 6-speed automatic transmission. It is VERY easy to let the speed get away from you in this one. I've had a few warnings, but have thus far been able to avoid any tickets. Of course I've been teased since my teens for driving like a grandpa. :laugh:

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 7 years 1 month ago
It was a 67-1/2 (mid year new model introduction) Firebird convertible for me, at age 17 ... it was not in great shape and had the 326 (I think the 400 was the big engine option). One of those cars you wished you had kept and restored ... worth some pretty good coin now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Ah ... high performance audio and high performance auto ... for some reason these seem to be shared passions. Almost every audio geek I know is also a car geek. I'm sure there's a psychiatrist on the forum that can help us figure out why that is ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back