file We Like Cars Too

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 7 years 5 months ago

T Cobe wrote: Of course I've been teased since my teens for driving like a grandpa. :laugh:

Cheers,

T Cobe

Funny, I have the exact opposite. Driving the family sedan, or SUV, or minivan over the years I would always hear "Dad, this is not your sports car" from the backseat. I have been rightly accused of driving everything the same way ... it is why I am never the designated driver when the company is at trade shows. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: Pic wont attach info_outline

^^^^^^
Me too, heavy foot, Moderator Dude!!
I have tried owning/driving under-powered, gas saving cars to keep the ticket writer away, but I just drive them into the ground!!!
Bro T. what are you driving now, you told us about it, but not what your grandpa ride is?
IF you don't mind sharing.
We just have a Honda CRV and I sit back and let the beautiful wife drive!!!! She won't get tickets, ha ha.
AND any accident with her driving is no big deal, but with me driving the locals will automatically determine it is MY FAULT and the Foreigner can PAY!!!!!
I gotta leave this thread to you guys who know cars.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Wayne,

Ha, this is funny. I also used to have a CR-V. I purchased my 2007 Lexus GS350 AWD in 2010 with 37,000 miles on it at more than $20,000 off the original MSRP. It is a very fun and comfortable full size sports sedan. Although it is quite heavy, the double wishbone front and multi-link rear suspension with anti sway bars all around really help it handle well.

While it had a lot of the bells and whistles, it was unfortunately not equipped with the optional Mark Levinson audio system. That said, the stock system is pretty decent. The last car I upgraded my sound system in was my Maxima. The GS350 has a dedicated sub and separates up front. I've been pretty happy with it. I can't stream music from my phone, but it does have a 6 disc CD changer AND a cassette player! That's right, a cassette player! I've recently seen that they are trying to bring back cassettes, or maybe it was a bad joke by someone that prefers digital and despises analog on one of the publications I read... maybe I'll buy one or two if they pop back up just to see how it sounds. :laugh:

Cheers,

T Cobe

P.S. Since Sandy, Moderator Dude, and so many of us are car nuts, maybe GET could put out some car speakers... what do you think, Moderator Dude?
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: P.S. Since Sandy, Moderator Dude, and so many of us are car nuts, maybe GET could put out some car speakers... what do you think, Moderator Dude?

Depending on your perspective, it would be either a) Never, or, b) We already have one, its called the Invisa 525.

If you think I'm kidding I should dig up the picture of the truck with them in the door panels (grille painted to match interior color). I seem to also recall a big old 80's sedan with them installed in the traditional rear deck position behind the back seat. Cool.

P.S.: No, I am not suggesting or endorsing this application ... they are not all-weather products.

• Steveo's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Steveo. info_outline
Moderator, any thoughts about introducing a line of Goldenear speakers and subs for cars?? I have a decent system in my car but it's not even close to my Tritons at home.

I Would love to take the goldenear "sound" on the road with me! :)
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 5 months ago

Moderator wrote: Driving the family sedan, or SUV, or minivan over the years I would always hear "Dad, this is not your sports car" from the backseat. I have been rightly accused of driving everything the same way ... it is why I am never the designated driver when the company is at trade shows. :)

Now and then I will hear, from my better half sitting in the passenger seat, "Are we in a hurry? I thought we left in plenty of time." Wonder what she means..... :laugh:

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back