heart Power Cords

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ArthurDaniels Posted 3 years 7 months ago
Hi Rick,

I cannot help you with your "Audio Quest". With GE now part of AQ, one may wonder if Triton power cords are now AQ cords. Seems to me they should be with the recent increased prices of the Triton speakers.

In any event, I am still using the stock power cords which came with my Triton Ones. Alas, all or my speaker leads are 18 gauge lamp cord and my line level cords are standard cables with RCA plugs. I do have a pair of Red River balanced cords to connect my DAC Magic Plus to my Cambridge 851A. I really cannot hear any difference between these balanced cords and my standard RCA-type cords.

Perhaps others have more useful experience.

Happy Listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Tsgt2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hey Art

Thanks for the reply! If you're using 18 gauge leads to your T1's, you may want to try 14 or 12 gauge "lamp cord" at least to reduce impedance and let those T1 amps get at some quicker power response for bass and transients. I believe you have some fairly long runs from your amp to your speakers?

Just a thought. :)

Always love hearing from you!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Rick,

Your long-term memory is correct. When we lived in Johnson City, TN, my speaker cable runs were many feet long. However, here in Raleigh, my setup has the speakers very close to the amp. During our nearly 2 years in our Raleigh digs, I have experimented with a variety of speaker placements. Sheryl and I enjoy spending much time together in our "Bonus Room Hideaway". We listen to music and watch TV for a number of hours each day. The room is configured to provide the best compromise for all our activities.

I previously used 12 gauge lamp cord to feed my Triton Ones. I could not hear any difference and terminating the larger wire was more difficult with my available assortment of banana plugs. I have also discovered that my room has some quirky acoustic properties which are contributing to the balance problems I have been experiencing with my Cambridge Amp.

Frankly, I am getting very tired of chasing all these issues. I just want to listen to and enjoy my music, not spend my time seeking audio nirvana. Covid has deprived me of any choral singing opportunities, so listening is even more important to me.

I understand the enjoyment you get from the audio chase. I have enjoyed my various experiments, even though I have been frustrated with certain aspects of my pursuits. No doubt, I will conjure up some new things to try as time goes along.

Happy listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Tsgt2007

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 7 months ago
Hey Art

That's the fun of this hobby, we all get to do things our own way, enjoy the kind of music we like, kick back and just listen mostly, try a few new things now and then.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsgt2007

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
:)

• Tsgt2007's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 161
Tsgt2007 Posted 3 years 7 months ago
Hello Rick and Art
How everything changed in a blink of an eye. Thank goodness we still have our systems. All of my cables are AQ and I bought them before the acquisition. They do hold up well and the system sound great.
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back