file The BEST surround sound pre-processor?

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
HTSME Posted 5 years 9 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: I have written to Emotiva service for help. Will see what they say.

While on their site I was checking out info on their newest, latest, greatest processor the RMC-1 coming soon.
Not sure when that will be but they say soon, no price yet.
To the point of my title here about the BEST processor, Del may have already pointed it out with the McIntosh, outta my price range.
This one coming from Emotiva will be 16 channel, specializing in Atmos and DTS X of course. Which I have no desire for.
But it uses the AKM 4490 Verita DAC. Does anyone know anything about this DAC? Have any experience with it?
Thanks for any help,
God Bless, Wayne

Wayne, How is your Emotiva and what is the factory saying? Is it time to save for a McIntosh? :evil: :lol:

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 5 years 9 months ago
Hi Del,
It still does it, (garbles the sound occasionally) even after a hard reset. But only VERY sporadically, not even once a week, and then it can be "fixed" by changing inputs and going back, gone. So fixed in seconds.
Emotiva thinks it is because of my new(ish) TV box and a poor interaction with it, and I do think it is only with TV inputs this happens. It has taken a while to get this far, and they are "working on it, thinking about it", my words.
I WISH I could save enough for a Mc processor, that would be great.
But life is good, thanks for asking.
How is everything on your end?
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice The BEST surround sound pre-processor?