question-circle Which Rear Height Atmos if back against the wall?

• cgott42's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
cgott42 Posted 3 months 1 week ago
I have the following setup. However, due to room constraints my couch is against the back wall (could move it 3 ft forward).
What should I use for Rear Heights: GE SuperSat 60 or Dipole speakers (so sound isn't localized so close)? (Does GE sell Dipoles? if not which brand timbre matches well)?
TIA

Base Layer:
Fronts: Triton Refs
Center: GE Super Center Reference
Front Wide: GL Aon3
Side Surrounds: GE BRX Refs
Rear Surrounds: Aon3

Heights:
Front Heights: GE Aon2
Side Heights: GE In Ceiling HTR7000
Rear Heights: ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 months 4 weeks ago
'Hi cgott42. First, if you're able to move you listening position away from the back wall a bit, I suspect you'll hear a greater surround sensation or greater immersion "into the movie". Next, in any case, it sounds like your main listening position will be fairly close to the rear height speakers. With this in mind, I'd be inclined to use the Invisa MPXs. This in-wall/in-ceiling speaker uses angled drivers which produce a great balance of focused sound and spaciousness. (They're not quite bipolar, but they're pretty close.) You could place these speakers fairly high into the back wall or into the ceiling (slightly behind the main listening position). Happy Listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Which Rear Height Atmos if back against the wall?