file Looking for some GET speaker recommendations

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Timecop Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Timecop. info_outline
Looks great Dwgncat! But I'm having trouble finding where you hid the super sub x ;)
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dwgncat's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 22
dwgncat Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Timecop, good catch. That's next year ! :P
dwgncat

Basement Home Theater - Panasonic TC-65VT60 Plasma | Anthem MRX-510 | Panamax MR-5300 | GoldenEar Triton 3+ SuperCenter XXL Invisa 650s | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen | Control4
Family Room - Sony XR65A80CK OLED | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen
Master - Pioneer Kuro 5080 | ZVOX 580 | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Hey Dwgncat,
Looking great, wonderful, you are gonna have a great sounding system!!!
Well done!!!!
I cannot tell but it looks like you have set up the system in a corner which has been angled off. So the walls are angling outward.
Is that right? You may want to pull those T 3+s out into the room out of that corner a bit, then they SHOULD sound better. But only your ears and experimentation will tell for sure. Is that the way the dealer set them up?
Have fun getting everything well set up and dialed in.
Happy listening, it sure LOOKS great and I know it will sound great too.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

dwgncat Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Good morning, Wayne. Yes, you are correct as picture might tell the entire 'story' but it is an alcove. I plan to run ARC once I get a new Anthem mic as the one that came with my used MRX-510 didn't work. More than likely, ARC will recommend that I spread the T3+'s out wider. And yes, that is how the local dealer techs set it all up.

Thanks again for your assistance through this process.
dwgncat

Basement Home Theater - Panasonic TC-65VT60 Plasma | Anthem MRX-510 | Panamax MR-5300 | GoldenEar Triton 3+ SuperCenter XXL Invisa 650s | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen | Control4
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

dwgncat Posted 7 years 1 month ago
SuperCenter X vs XL ?

Everyone, evidently there was a 'cutoff' issue on the order form and the L was omitted, hence the SuperCenter X installed and not the XL ( I didn't realize it when the setup was completed only after did I compare the invoice to what boxes I still had lying around ). I've measured and the XL will fit on the same shelf as the X but I'd have to move the Oppo BDP-105D down to the lower shelf next to the Anthem MRX-510.

a) Does the SuperCenter XL provide that much more than the X for $200 extra?
b) If I go the XL route, it wouldn't be centered on the shelf as there is not enough room and by moving the 105D to the lower shelf, I no longer have room for my perceived next spend which would be for the ATI AT523XNC class D amp.

Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
dwgncat

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by WayneWilmeth. info_outline
Hi Dwgncat, I sympathize, and first thing I worried about, for you is, did they charge you for the X or XL?
Anyway, I am sure you can take care of that end of things, so to address your questions.
You can listen to it, and determine for yourself if the SC X is enough of a center channel for you.
I CANNOT fit the XL in my space/slot for center channel, so I had no real choice than to "settle for" the SC X instead.
Now, believe me when I say I am a bigger is better guy!!! And really wanted to put in the XL.
BUT to be honest, I have not missed it AT ALL!!!!! NOT a bit.
I love my little SC X, and although I can imagine that there are better center channel speakers out there, including the XL and XXL, etc. I can not hear that I am missing anything. Dialogue is clear as anything, and that is the most important watching movies.
It is SERIOUSLY a wonderful center channel speaker!!!! For one thing, there is always some phantom center that comes in from the FL and FR speakers, I figure there is anyway, but when I am sure direct, discrete center channel sound goes there and comes out into the room, I can hear it perfectly and almost full range too. (Yes, I have it rolled off so the bass goes to the LFE channels at around 100 hHz or 80 Hz, can't remember now.)
Thing is, I LOVE the RCA Living Stereo 3 channel classics which were recorded and play back from a SACD as L, C and R. My smaller X keeps up VERY well thank you. I have a wall of sound in front of me, no breaks in the middle, no let down, it is a trooper IMHO.
What I am saying is, IF you can't hear any problem with it, (and if you can you have WAY better ears than I do), and since it fits better as well, leaves room for what you plan for the future, it is a WIN, they saved you $400!!!!!
I think you are gonna have a great sounding system.
I hope this helps, happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, dwgncat

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Looking for some GET speaker recommendations