file Looking for some GET speaker recommendations

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Honestly, dwgncat, I have not heard the T 2+s either. I have/own the T 3s and T 2s and now the Ones. So I am basing my comments on the differences between the older 2s and 3s. And there is NO COMPARISON, IMHO. Even now that I own the Ones, my old Twos were not that far off, so the newer, upgraded 2+s must sound AWESOME!!!!
Again, hope this all helps, but only you can decide. Pls tell us you bought the Two +s. I mean, pls tell us what you go for.
The T 2+s will make sweet music on matter what you drive them with, as the Moderator Dude said, the Anthem would be fine.
But later on, if you choose to upgrade electronics, you will be rewarded with speakers that can show/bring out the difference in the better equipment.
Have fun with it, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dwgncat's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 22
dwgncat Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Everyone, again thanks for all the helpful assistance so far!

I tentatively placed my GEt speaker order tonight but the order won't go into the ordering system until later tomorrow or Friday morning. My scheduled delivery and set up date is Friday, July 14 (or Christmas in July!)

My question is this...

I measured and my MLP is 11' - 11.5' from where I expect the Triton 2+/3+ will be in an unilateral triangle of 11-11.5' (please see included pic from tonight). The 'theater' area of the newly finished basement is basically 13' x 13' but opens to the right of the included picture to a rectangle area of roughly 10' x 27'.

As I'm starting to put together my component console and measure the length from where it will be to the MLP, I believe that the Triton 3+ will work very well working in concert with the SuperCenter XL for the front stage.

Am I looking/viewing/thinking about this correctly?

I really appreciate the guidance and opinions.

dwgncat
dwgncat

Basement Home Theater - Panasonic TC-65VT60 Plasma | Anthem MRX-510 | Panamax MR-5300 | GoldenEar Triton 3+ SuperCenter XXL Invisa 650s | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen | Control4
Family Room - Sony XR65A80CK OLED | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen
Master - Pioneer Kuro 5080 | ZVOX 580 | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 2 months ago
dwgncat,
Looks great, love the color, it will be a spiffy place!!!!
Again, I would go with the T 2+s, but up to you.
And you can feel free to sit closer to the speakers than that. I sit closer to my TV and speakers and toe the speakers in, most everybody sits too far from their TV when watching movies, you want it to fill your eyesight as much as possible. And that room is not very large, so sitting closer makes sense, lets you have room behind, not sure about the sides, for surrounds.
Have fun with it, but it will be great.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

dwgncat wrote: My question is this...

I measured and my MLP is 11' - 11.5' from where I expect the Triton 2+/3+ will be in an unilateral triangle of 11-11.5' (please see included pic from tonight). The 'theater' area of the newly finished basement is basically 13' x 13' but opens to the right of the included picture to a rectangle area of roughly 10' x 27'.

As I'm starting to put together my component console and measure the length from where it will be to the MLP, I believe that the Triton 3+ will work very well working in concert with the SuperCenter XL for the front stage.

Am I looking/viewing/thinking about this correctly?

I really appreciate the guidance and opinions.

dwgncat

Sounds good. Place the L/R speakers as far apart as possible without getting too close to the side walls and then toe them in toward the MLP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• dwgncat's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 22
dwgncat Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by dwgncat. info_outline
Hello all. I wanted to share the finished product via some pics. A local authorized dealer came out this past Friday and set up everything including the Control4 pieces (love the remote btw).

I ended up going with the Triton 3+, SuperCenter X, and Invisa 650s for rears and the sound is amazing! I still need to play around with Anthem's ARC some more as the T3+'s need to be moved out further to create a equilateral triangle with the MLP.

Thanks again to everyone that provided valuable feedback, opinions, and information. I really appreciate it!

dwgncat
dwgncat

Basement Home Theater - Panasonic TC-65VT60 Plasma | Anthem MRX-510 | Panamax MR-5300 | GoldenEar Triton 3+ SuperCenter XXL Invisa 650s | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen | Control4
Family Room - Sony XR65A80CK OLED | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen
Master - Pioneer Kuro 5080 | ZVOX 580 | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Congrats, dwgncat!!!

Looks great! Enjoy your new system. You'll love the "GEt sound", I'm sure.

Happy listening and thanks for sharing!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Looking for some GET speaker recommendations