file Looking for some GET speaker recommendations

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 3 months ago

dwgncat wrote: Now that our basement is almost completely ready, I've booked our local GET authorized dealer to come back with some speakers. Evidently, they don't keep the Triton 3+ in stock (they do have the 2+) and need to order them.

The difference in price is $1000 total between the 2+ and 3+. I've read many reports that the 2+ is close to the 1's. Similarly, the SuperCenter XL is $500 less than the XXL. If I go with the Triton 3+ and SuperCenter XL it will be a savings of $1500 which is 3/4 of the way to an ATI AT523NC Hypex N-Core Class D amp that everyone is raving about. To complete the initial setup... the Invisa 650s will be the rears. My additional pieces are an Anthem 510 receiver and an Oppo 105D blu-ray player.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

Hey, Dwgncat

Good to hear from you!

Re speaker choices, I'll double down on my earlier post that speakers are THE limiting factor in sound systems. So, if you really like the T2+'s, I'd think hard about going with those and slowing down acquisition of surrounds if budget restraints require that.

Re center, again fronts and centers are mainstays in surround systems. Either SCXL's or XXL's will fill that role well. No, better than well!!

Re ATI's new line of AT52XNC N-Core class D amps, I too have read good things about their SQ, even comparing it to class A, even suggesting they have "tube like" sound. I'll be pursuing a 5 channel version later this year.

I think you're on the right path decision wise. I'd just keep nudging the process to get the best speakers you can afford, and phase in supporting gear as appropriate.

Have fun auditioning! You really can't go wrong with any GEt speaker choice. T2+'s and T3+'s both get great reviews. I''d just recommend hearing/auditioning the ones you end up buying. All the same "sound family". Each step up just "bigger/better" sound. No weak sisters there anywhere.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Timecop. info_outline
I was in a similar position and feel that if you can listen to them side by side, you'll quickly know your answer. If not, and there is any question about which to choose, go with the twos. As long as the speakers will physically fit in the room - go with the largest choice you can afford. The GET speakers will scale up/down easily, and play remarkably well with less-than-reference receivers/amps.
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Hi dwgncat,
We will sound like we all work for GEt and get a commission, but that is not the case. Yet, I totally, 150% agree with what Bro Rick and Timecop said.
You will have these speakers for many years probably, perhaps the rest of your life. Electronics can come and go, but a great pair of speakers will sing for you time and time again. Go for the best you can afford, Go for the T 2+s.
I have T 2s and T 3s and now went for the Ones. IF you can fit the Ones, and afford them, get them, if not, then the 2+s. They are simply WAY better than the old 3s, I have not heard the 3+s.
We can all relate to having a budget and building your system through time. But if you get the best speakers you can, you will NEVER regret it.
And you will immediately hear the difference. Amps, receivers, mehhhh, an improvement can be heard but it is usually subtle at best. No so on speakers. Just like Bro Rick said.
Whatever you do, I am sure you will love it, pls let us know.
Happy hunting, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 3 months ago

dwgncat wrote: If I go with the Triton 3+ and SuperCenter XL it will be a savings of $1500 which is 3/4 of the way to an ATI AT523NC Hypex N-Core Class D amp that everyone is raving about.

Thoughts?

One thought, skip the amp for now, spend the $1500 on the speakers and use the Anthem 510. It will drive the speakers nicely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, dwgncat

• dwgncat's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 22
dwgncat Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by dwgncat. info_outline
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I really appreciate it.

I've read a few great reviews on the Triton 3+ but it sounds like most that have replied have not heard them but yet still recommend the Triton 2+.

Our local/regional authorized GET dealer doesn't keep the 3+ in stock and sometimes doesn't even have the 2+ in stock.

I plan to contact this dealer tomorrow to order the speakers.

Again, thank you to all who have provided great information, thoughts, and feedback.
dwgncat

Basement Home Theater - Panasonic TC-65VT60 Plasma | Anthem MRX-510 | Panamax MR-5300 | GoldenEar Triton 3+ SuperCenter XXL Invisa 650s | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen | Control4
Family Room - Sony XR65A80CK OLED | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen
Master - Pioneer Kuro 5080 | ZVOX 580 | AppleTV 4K 2nd gen

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 7 years 3 months ago
I think you'll be very happy with the two+'s. Because they offer such a wide latitude of implementation (various room size, with/without external subwoofers, 2-channel stereo vs. 5/7/9 home theater, etc) - they are an easy recommendation. For all but the smallest of rooms, I think the two+ is a great foundation to build upon. They are captivatingly good speakers; you won't be dissapointed!
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Looking for some GET speaker recommendations