file Triton One vs Triton 2+

• Michael McGrath's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Michael McGrath Posted 8 years 4 months ago
I'm upgrading my martin logans L/R as i start a Goldenear system. I'm currently auditioning the 2+ in my home and I've heard both the Triton One and 2+ in store.

In your opinion is the Triton One worth the extra $1500 for 99% home theater use? The 2+ sound great but I'm wondering if I'd regret not getting the Ones
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Hi Michael. Welcome to the forum. I'm a T1 owner and have never heard the 2+ (they were not in existence when I bought the T1s). As you are doing critical listening in home and in store, you are probably the best person to answer your own question. That said, besides the fact that I'm biased to the T1, I would say go for the T1, especially if you wont really miss the 1500. The T1 has among other upgrades to the 2+ a larger amp (not that you'll need it as there is ample power even at 1200 watts!) but also has a third bass driver. I'd have to imagine the T1s would have superior bass. Hope this response helps. Best of luck with whatever GoldenEar you ultimately decide to get.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Yeah I've heard both, the room I was in was well treated and balanced. The Triton Ones sounded fuller. I guess I need to take them home and see if they fill my space better than the 2+. I love having the 2+ at home.

What about the center channel? I brought home the supercenter xxl, but it just didn't WOW me. It sounds great, and definitely better than my current center, but I expected something else. I had to manually balance it of course because my denon audyssey put the levels too low.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
In my case I don't have, nor do I feel the need for, a dedicated center channel speaker. In my view - and I imagine in the view of many others as well - the Triton One's have incredible low end on their own.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling

You don't use a center channel? Does that push all the center data to the L/R? I don't understand what you mean by low end. If you mean without a sub, i agree. I have a couple subs but they are no match for the richness of bass coming from the 2+.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, I mean without a sub. Low end are frequencies below say 100Hz give-or-take a few Hz. I have a two channel system, left and right channel only. One T1 is connected to the left channel and another to the right channel. No other speakers needed or wanted in my case.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Triton One vs Triton 2+