file Which Tritons to get?

• Restless's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Restless Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Heya everyone!

I'm new here so I'll briefly introduce myself. I'm a 21 year old male living in The Netherlands (Holland), I've been into the audio game for a year or 3 now, and after upgrading to a NAD C356BEE amplifier, I knew I needed different speakers (I had the Cerwin Vega VS120's back then) I bought a pair of Mirage 260 but got rid of them rather fast, so I did with the Quadral Shogun Phonologue's I had.

I currently own Tannoy 609's which are awesome, but a little lacking in the bass department, I don't have room for a subwoofer (about 210-225 square feet). I had my eyes on a pair of DefTech Mythos but I found them lacking "punch" to fill a big room, then I heard about the GoldenEars. I've read all reviews there were and I'm so excited to listen to them, I just don't know which one are the right ones for my room.

I listen to all kinds of music, but I guess most would be described as "bass-heavy" so, dubstep, drum 'n bass, trance, dance, but hip hop, rock and acoustic are also in my library :).
Now I noticed the prices over here went up on all Triton models, and pretty significantly, for the Two's I believe they went up 600 a pair.. While I see that the MSRP stayed the same. Are the USA prices going up as well?

What Triton's would fit my room, and my music style? I do like the idea of powered towers, although I don't know how if they need a lot of room to "breathe" to either sides.. Because that may be a problem, although, the Tannoy's are about 43cm wide, and I think the Triton series are thinner.

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Hi Restless and welcome to the forum!!! This is the place for your questions.
How is the weather in the Netherlands now? Are the flowers in bloom? That is so very beautiful.
As for the price going up, I have not heard anything, though it would not surprise me, these are very much the lowest priced speakers for what you get!
I would recommend the Triton Ones. Get the best speakers you can afford as you will use them for years and years, they will end up being part of the family for a LONG time. You will love the built in bass. The advantage all the Triton towers have is that the bass can be dialed up or down depending on how close to a wall/corner they are.
They will sound awesome in MOST rooms.
I have the T2s, and love them, but you seem to really need bass, so I would recommend going with the Ones for that much more bass.
Whatever you do, get GoldenEar Tech. as any of their towers will sound great in your system.
You will not have any regrets.
Enjoy the music, happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• BluesSailor's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 27
BluesSailor Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Haven't heard of a price increase, but I can see where the exchange rate might have something to do with it. The Euro has fallen against the Dollar by about 20% or about $600 on a $3000 purchase.

• Restless's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
Restless Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Hey thanks for replying, unfortunately the Euro is worth more than the USD, 3000 USD is about 2800 euro's :P. And even if, I find it weird it also apply's on speakers that were purchased in a period when the Euro was worth more right :P?

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Splash51's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
Splash51 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Hi Restless, My dealer informed me the T1's were going up 500 in April. Not sure about the rest of the line. Either way the T1's are FANTASTIC!! I have had a pair for about 6 months now. I have been an audiophile for around 35 years, and nothing has sounded as good as the T1's. I have been through MANY pairs of speakers amps Etc... I can say without hesitation they are the BEST speakers I have heard. I agree with Wayne get the best speaker you can. You can work with the room and you will move. The bass is fantastic and the sub is adjustable at the speaker. If you can afford the T1's get them!!! You will be very happy with them. I am still hearing things that I never heard before in music I have listened to for years:) You will be amazed!! As I upgrade other components in the system I hear the improvements clearly with the T1's. I am driving mine with Emotiva XPA-2s in bridge mode. Incredible sound detail and imaging. Enjoy!!!

• BluesSailor's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 27
BluesSailor Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Yes, the Euro is worth more than the Dollar, just not as much more than a few months ago. Today one Euro will buy 1.07 dollars. Not long ago it would buy 1.35 dollars. 20% decrease in value of the Euro against the dollar.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Which Tritons to get?