file 5.1.2 Invisa 650 or HTR 7000s ?

• Lee Irvine's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Lee Irvine Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Thank you so much moderator, incredibly helpful (and so great that you are on these forums helping customers, really appreciate it!!). As noted, we don't have a dealer in the UAE, so no one to really ask!

On that basis, it seems like my best speaker placement would be as attached - do you agree? I have moved the height speakers wider from the listening position as suggested. This means that the 2nd set of center speakers would be level with, or only slightly behind the listening positon (as otherwise, as you can see, would need to go much closer and looking at the information on the GE website, this is probably as close to that as I can get).

I have also pushed back the rear HTR7,000s to 4.2m (13.7ft ) back from the listening position. Do you think that is enough, is there any maximum you can go - I could probably go back another ft if needed, or can equally come forward, it entirely depends on what is best.

On that basis, given my height is around 3m/10ft, I will go with all HTR 7,000s. Thanks for the suggestions on the amp too, there is a new Marantz amp out, the 7012 which looks like it would do the job I need (and allow me to turn into a 7.1.4 system at a later stage with additional components if necessary).

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Hey Lee and welcome here!!!!
I don't know from ATMOS so I am glad the Moderator Dude is taking care of our questions.
I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth on your comments about receivers. I like your last suggestion.
I have had MUCH more Joy from Marantz products than the others you mentioned. MD also mentioned others that are equally good.
I understand where you are coming from, in the UAE it can be hard to audition much good gear, and the places that have gear usually cater to the mega rich. From my experience in Kuwait and the area.
IF you want to hear for yourself before buying, can you swing a trip to S'pore? There at the Adelphi center you can audition everything. Bangkok is not too bad either, but it is not all in one place, like it is in S'pore.
Have fun with your quest.
Hope you get it just as you want,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 11 months ago

Lee Irvine wrote: On that basis, it seems like my best speaker placement would be as attached - do you agree?

Yes, looks good.

Is the TV in the center between the L/R speakers? Is the couch off to the right considered part of the listening area? I ask because the height channels are very wide apart and you don't want them too far from the center listening position or you could lose the impression of "above". If so, you may want to pull them in a bit as a compromise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

No, not really, would almost always be sitting on the main sofa facing the TV. Ok, that is really helpful to know, will pull them in a little!

Thanks for the advice on the amp, just got a Marantz 7011 (last years model) for U.S.$1,100, which seemed like a pretty good deal!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

How much would you pull them in - level with the other sofa on one side and same distance the other side?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Enjoy the Marantz Lee, should be a good one and it sure seems like a good deal!!!

Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series 5.1.2 Invisa 650 or HTR 7000s ?