file 5.1.2 Invisa 650 or HTR 7000s ?

• Lee Irvine's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Lee Irvine Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Great thanks - is there any particular reason why all the posts re atmos on the GE website seem to have the 7,000’s as the Atmos height speakers?

But then I would end up with 6x7,000s!!

When you say 15ft back (and I saw the comment on here earlier), you mean 15ft directly back and then up, or 15ft diagonally back from the listening position (which would be something like 3-4ft back from the Atmos speakers given I have 12ft ceiling)?

Were they hard to set up (noting I don’t have a dealer here so would be doing it myself!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Halo555's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 21
Halo555 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
From what I've seen when the 7000s are being used for atmos the ceiling heights were much lower than yours or mine.

15ft back was diagnoally from the center listening position but in 2D, not 3D accounting for height if that makes sense. In my case I probably should have had them at 12 to 13 ft. I slighty towed them in. If you have some experience installing ceiling speakers it should be no problem. Take your time and you should be good.

This is the layout, with measurements in mm.

The ceiling are 3m high (so 9.8 feet). I therefore assume that I would want the first set of overhead speakers somewhere just in front of the sofa. The second set of overhead speakers just behind the sofa (maybe level with the 1650 measurement). In each case a little wider than the sofa (so, for example, on the left hand side, in the gap between the sofa and the wall and on the right hand side, in the gap between the sofas). The 7,000s would then go somewhere much further back, possibly level with the kitchen island (and also in line with the overhead speakers).

Does this work?

Kind regards

Lee
Attachments:

Apologies if the attached isn't clear!!! Any help that anyone can give with speaker placement would be much appreciated!!

Lee

Sorry, last question - what are people pairing these with? I did have an old Pioneer, but will need a new Dolby Atmos capable receiver, I was looking at the new Onkyo RZ920 that was just released (since it is 9.2-Channels)135 W/Ch (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels Driven, FTC); 250 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven) or the Denon AVR-X4400H. Both of these are about the same price range. I am leaning towards the denon since it can process an extra 2 channels if I add an extra amp, which may be helpful in a few years, given I still have the super sats leftover, so can turn it into a 7.1.4 system.

Will this be powerful enough to drive the 4 x 650s, 2 x 7,000, 2 x Triton twos, Supersat 50C and possibly the Sub (if I decide I need one - I may just continue with the sub in the Triton Twos).

Any help/advice people can give would be more than happily received!!

Lee

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Hi Lee,

Lots of good advice already came your way. To clarify what has been said, the HTR 7000 is the suggested height channel speaker when the ceiling is under 10' (so that's most home theaters). Over 10', the Invisa 650s are fine, although I really feel its more like over 12'. Locations are basically the same as Dolby/DTS suggests except positioned a tad further outside (L/R) of the listening area, pointed toward the center.

To use the HTR 7000 as a rear surround, they must be far enough away from the listening area to create the effect of the sound coming from behind rather than from above. To achieve this with an 8' ceiling, the absolute minimum distance is 8', 12' is better, which means on your 10 ft ceiling you would want the surround speakers at least 10' away from the listening seats, more would be better.

Regarding affordable receiver's, we have used and can recommend receivers from Anthem, Arcam, Integra, Marantz, NAD.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series 5.1.2 Invisa 650 or HTR 7000s ?