file Need advice for stealth fresh build

• SouthRider's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
SouthRider Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Our home recently flooded, and we have decided to get all the home theater equipment out of the way in our living room.

We HAD a credenza full of equipment under a wall mounted TV, Triton2 L/R, Supersat 60c on the credenza, and Klipsch Reference 3 bi-pole surrounds mounted 10' high at the rear.

Equipment is going into the study.

We are considering 7000's in wall for L/R, the Supersat on the wall under the TV for center, 4 7000's in ceiling for Atmos, the Klipsch as rear surrounds, and a supersub XL sub.

The 7000's are listed as in wall/in ceiling speakers. But no where on the entire internet, and this site can I find anyone USING them in-wall. Everything I read is regarding using them in ceiling as an "acceptable" alternative to L/R tower speakers.

I need input on using them as in wall front L/R mains. Also - will the Supersat 60c be enough of a center in this configuration?

My Goldenear dealer seems to think this setup might work fine.

Any other thoughts on this setup would be appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 4 months ago
SouthRider,

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've been a GET owner for a while. I hope you didn't completely lose your T2s. If you did, you may want to go and have a listen to the new T2+ before making any final decisions. :)

The 7000s are for ceiling use only, as far as I am aware. They can be used for front channels but would be mounted in the ceiling. The angle of the speakers may be useful for some rare on wall installations but those would be few and far between. Another poster recently asked about using the Invisa MPX as the three front channels versus the HTR-7000s and was told by Mr. Gross directly that the MPX would be a bit better. You can search the forum to find this post.

The MPX for all of your ear level channels and HTR-7000s for Atmos would probably be a sweet setup. Using a 60c for the center should be familiar to you already. I would think that would be a great sounding solution as well.

I would definitely recommend auditioning the new T2+ and SCXXL before making any final decisions. That's my .02. Maybe Moderator Dude or some other users could help out as well. Happy hunting!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, SouthRider

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 4 months ago
T Cobe is completely correct, HTR 7000 in-ceiling, MPX in-wall. A SuperSat 60C as a center with appropriate crossover setting will work perfectly in this setup.

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by SouthRider. Reason: More info info_outline
Thanx for the quick response.

I think I confused myself because both the MPX and the 7000 lines are listed on the website as wall/ceiling speakers, and also because the mpx seems to somewhat be a bi-pole speaker and I always associated that with being for surrounds.

My dealer strongly encourages me to come listen to the 2+, and dares me to come audition the 1's. My wife REALLY wants to reclaim the real estate in our living room from the large footprint of the tower speakers, and I can't blame her. With the equipment credenza gone it would also be strange to have 2 gargantuan towers alone on the front wall.

So that sends me into another direction - wall and/or ceiling speakers. Would love to be able to purchase a 4' tall wall installed version of the Tritons (even if they protruded from the wall a few inches).

I'm now trying to get the sound as close to my old T2 5.0 system with wall/ceiling speakers, while adding Atmos to the system.

So - MPX L/R with 7000 atmos ceiling speakers? Or is the all 7000 ceiling setup better (seems hard to believe)?

My other problem is that the room has no wall space opposite the primary listening area (window on one wall and French doors on the other) for ear height L/R surrounds. that is why I had the Klipsch bi-pole speakers at ceiling level behind the seating area.

Would love some thoughts on the best way to set this room up for the best Golden Ear system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Also - I pulled the woofers out of the T2's and found white furry mold. Haven't had the time or energy to go further as we are busy rebuilding and are just finishing drywall. They are open and sitting there in my air conditioned shop (which also flooded and hasn't been fooled with yet...), along with the Klipsch 1998 era Reference 3's that the Tritons replaced.

When it's all said and done I may take them apart & try to build my own wall mounted Tritons for the shop!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

SouthRider wrote: I'm now trying to get the sound as close to my old T2 5.0 system with wall/ceiling speakers, while adding Atmos to the system.

So - MPX L/R with 7000 atmos ceiling speakers? Or is the all 7000 ceiling setup better (seems hard to believe)?

My other problem is that the room has no wall space opposite the primary listening area (window on one wall and French doors on the other) for ear height L/R surrounds. that is why I had the Klipsch bi-pole speakers at ceiling level behind the seating area.

Would love some thoughts on the best way to set this room up for the best Golden Ear system.

A pair of MPX and a pair of ForceField 5s (or a pair of SuperSub XXLs), properly configured, will very much approach the sound of your Triton Two setup. In-ceiling for L/C/R using the HTR 7000s is a great alternative IF you cannot do the MPX in-wall.

If you are doing Atmos, you can't have standard surround/rear speakers at ceiling height, they need to be at ear height - or you need to use HTR 7000 positioned far enough away to create an ear level soundfield.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, SouthRider

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Need advice for stealth fresh build