file Triton 2+ with Super Sat 50c

• Monroe's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Monroe Posted 1 year 1 month ago
Hello all, I have finally made the choice to go 5.2 surround. I currently run Triton 2+ powered by a 300watt plus Class D amp with a Denon X3800H running as a budget friendly pre/processor. I am planning on running a SuperSat 50C as center and a pair of SuperSat 3 for surrounds. Will my choice of center channel speaker be able to keep up with the Tritons?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 1 month ago
Hi Monroe, The SuperSat 50C would be a great choice for a thin, wall mountable center speaker to use with the Triton Two+ towers. The "character of sound" or timbre of the SuperSat 50C would match quite well with the Triton Two+ towers. Ultimately, the SuperCenter series of center speakers would sound a bit richer and fuller than the SuperSat 50C, however, they're quite a bit larger and cannot be easily wall mounted. If you're looking for a thinner center speaker (that would still match well with the Triton Two+ towers), the SuperSat 50C would be a great choice. When using this center speaker, I would also recommend using a crossover frequency of 120 hz. This way, you'll hear a bit more clarity from the center speaker - and it's not trying to play bass (which it's not designed to play). The SuperSat 3s would also make a great choice as your surround speakers. Happy Listening!

• Monroe's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
Monroe Posted 1 year 1 month ago
Thank you, building this system in chunks so I'm not raising eyebrows. Adding Atmos channels (cutting holes in ceiling) may be a hurdle with the wife, we'll see.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series Triton 2+ with Super Sat 50c