file Flushmount Supersat 60c Upside Down for Atmos...What bolts?

• Orpheusatx's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Orpheusatx Posted 4 years 7 months ago
Greetings,

Planned setup in Media room is 5.1.2 with Triton Supercenter XXL, Triton 2+ Fronts (Planned), Triton 3 Rears, Supersat 60c's for Atmos, Bose B2 Bass Module (if needed). Marantz 7007.

(Sub pulls double duty as part of my portable JBL PA system for live performance.)

I have room 14 x 22 ft with a 12 ft gabled ceiling, angled about 35 degrees and meeting in the center. No attic for insert speakers. As our TV is centered under the axis, I'm planning on mounting the two supersat 60c's directly to the beams running right left above to the center...getting near perfect angling according to the Dolby Atmos white papers. They should look super low profile, flushmounted.

I do not want to use the Goldenear mounts as they add a couple inches of gap to the hang. What is the bolt size/thread count on the mounting points on the back of the supersat 60c? It looks like I'll need to create my own flushmounts.

The 60c s are ordered and should be here end of week. I've asked Santa to provide the Triton two plus's, maybe I've been good this year?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 years 7 months ago

Orpheusatx wrote: Greetings,

Planned setup in Media room is 5.1.2 with Triton Supercenter XXL, Triton 2+ Fronts (Planned), Triton 3 Rears, Supersat 60c's for Atmos, Bose B2 Bass Module (if needed). Marantz 7007.

(Sub pulls double duty as part of my portable JBL PA system for live performance.)

I have room 14 x 22 ft with a 12 ft gabled ceiling, angled about 35 degrees and meeting in the center. No attic for insert speakers. As our TV is centered under the axis, I'm planning on mounting the two supersat 60c's directly to the beams running right left above to the center...getting near perfect angling according to the Dolby Atmos white papers. They should look super low profile, flushmounted.

I do not want to use the Goldenear mounts as they add a couple inches of gap to the hang. What is the bolt size/thread count on the mounting points on the back of the supersat 60c? It looks like I'll need to create my own flushmounts.

The 60c s are ordered and should be here end of week. I've asked Santa to provide the Triton two plus's, maybe I've been good this year?

Thanks!

The threaded inserts on the back of the SS60 (and all SuperSats) are 1/4 - 20 thread. Make sure you fasten securely to both inserts on each speaker. Oh, and we hope Santa thinks you had a good year, too!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series Flushmount Supersat 60c Upside Down for Atmos...What bolts?