file 3c question

• New Golden's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 24
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
New Golden Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Thanks for your advice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Great discussion here.

My input: going with all GEt is priceless, as Wayne and imahawki have pointed out. Speakers disappear. The sound field is seamless.

Re crossovers, as Moderator Dude has pointed out, it depends on how loud you want to play your system. Lower crossovers give more (richness? OOMPH?) to channels. BUT if you want to really CRANK your system, then setting conservative/higher crossovers for headroom reasons makes sense.

I'd suggest experimenting some when you get the 3c. I tend to "play" some on the lower side of recommended crossover settings, just to coax as much SQ as I can out of each channel.

However you set the 3c's crossover, at 100 or 120 HZ , the seamless blending of the Aon fronts and 3c center will be amazing!

Enjoy! You're on the right track!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, New Golden

New Golden Posted 7 years 5 months ago
The quantity and quality of the replies is mind blowing. Best support forum I have ever been involved.. I will update once I pick up the 3c. Thanks again to everyone here,
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Hey New Golden, you are very welcome. Pls report back and don't be a stranger, we are all friends here and help each other.
Well, T. Cobe doesn't let us help him drink his expensive whisky, but other than that, we all share when we can. Ha ha
The Aon 3s are what sold me on GEt speakers. I did not end up buying them, I went with towers simply because I could and wanted more full range sound. But I heard them demoed with a Unison Simply Italy smallish tube amp and the sound was so sweet and open (not like it came out of little boxes at all!!!!) and spot on vocals, instruments, etc. I just fell in love with them. I would still recommend them to anyone.
You will have a delicious sounding system.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

New Golden Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by New Golden. info_outline
At your suggestion, I am reporting back. Picked up the 3c over the weekend. All my fears about it being too small were completely unfounded. What incredible sound from a small package. Much clearer then my old unmatched center. I have it crossed over at 120hz with my AON 3 at 80hz. I have not changed out my surrounds yet but I realize now that matched LCR are much more important. I am hearing details that I have never heard before in both music and TV/Movies. Any one needing a small sized center should not be scared of the 3c. Puts out clear sound and loud too the sub will handle the bass. just as an aside, I re ran my Marantz Audessy set up. Once finished, it had the crossover on the AON3 at 40hz and the 3c at 250hz. Needless to say I manually changed the setttings to 80 and 120.I am extremely grateful to all who contributed to this thread as those contibutions convinced me that the 3c would be just fine. In fact, it is much more than fine!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Hey, New Golden

So glad you're enjoying your new set-up!!!

I may get hoarse saying this on so many threads..... GEt's voicing matching across it's product line is for me priceless. Seamless, clean, clear, detailed, musical sound field. Speaker locations disappear. No hurry on your surrounds, but I suspect you may find, in the future, similar effects of the surround sound field just blending together with your front set-up if you replace the surrounds with GEt's at some point...

Enjoy your new 3c!!!! For all of us, this is a step at a time journey.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, New Golden

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series 3c question