file triton bass problem

• marty319's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
marty319 Posted 11 years 11 months ago
love my triton 2 but it seems my right triton the bass comes and goes sometimes when i turn up the bass control at the rear nothing happens then i push on the bass control then it works and sometimes it doesn`t ive checked and rechecked my wiring and also the setup in my nad receiver it seems like there is something shorting out on the bass control, the speakers are on warranty but the problem is it`s going to cost me about $200.00 to ship to the dealer i bought them from as there is no dealer in my city, any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 11 months ago
Are you sure the ac cord is not loose?

Please call the office during business hours, or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and we'll help try to diagnose and find a way to resolve the problem.

ac cord is not loose it seems if i push on the bass control things are good

Please call the office during business hours, or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and we'll try to diagnose and find a way to resolve the problem for you. Make sure to have your serial number when you call/email.

swapped out both control modules and now the left speaker is toast,power light doesn`t come on and the speaker is making some wierd sound, not happy with golden ear tritons very sorry i bought them

So, the company did you a favor and tried to troubleshoot the problem from a distance based on your description of the problem (NEVER a good idea) and sent you parts to try and effect a repair, to save you from having to ship the speaker back to the dealer for service? Well, I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

This is exactly why we have servicing dealers. Obviously you did not succeed at servicing them yourself (either by your efforts, or a mis-diagnosis of the problem/solution, or who knows what). At this point, I suggest you return to your selling dealer for support, as apparently should have happened in the first place.

As is quite evident to everyone that participates in this forum (and other audio forums), the Tritons have experienced a spectacularly low failure rate, as close to trouble free as you can get in a product that plugs into the wall. Zero, however, is not obtainable.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series triton bass problem