file Tritons with Anthem MRX

• djsallad's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
djsallad Posted 10 years 10 months ago
:( Anybody use an Anthem MRX for 2 channel audio ? I use ARC but eq under 300 hz. Everything sounds kinda forced and digital-like glare LIke the old days when you made homemade tapes and set the levels to high Mabye its the dac in the receiver that I dont like..I dont know.Right now I come out of my mac mini usb to a usb converter to spdif in on receiver. It did sound good on other speakers I had .Mabye these speaker are revealing a lower quality dac? My next step would be to get a nice integrated with an outboard dac but thats another big expense so would probably buy used. What is everyone else using for 2 channel audio...any dac recommendations? I like my Triton Three's one day and the next they dont sound great...Hmmmm !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Yes, many times. Sounds great, good sounding receiver, but I can't speak to your source material/setup. Have you tried just playing a CD from a disc player? Digital in should be fine, the Anthem uses good DACs from what I've heard.

Also, are you sure there are no crossovers involved? If you ran ARC and set for no sub it should have made the Tritons full range. If full range there should be lots of bass. Also, switch off ARC to make sure it is not the issue. I can tell you if you ran ARC with the Triton's sub level up to high ARC will kill the bass. Best advice is to run ARC with the sub level controls set at about 9:00, then dial up the level to taste after done running ARC. Also might want to try a max frequency of 500 Hz in case there are some room reflection issues causing the glare.

Hope this helps.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Emotiva Makes some great DACs at very reasonable prices.
shop.emotiva.com/collections/processors

I dont know what to think. Some easy listening, acoustic music sounds good but anything a bit more complex and it all sounds forced and strained. All my fav music I have listened to for years does not sound the same. I just want to turn it down. Ive change sources, cables,ARC on and off, If my fav band 'Yello' sounds bad on these speakers i know something is not right Yello can make any speaker system sound awsome .GREAT PRODUCTION !! I am seriously considering selling them off.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Dude, there's something wrong with your system. Should be obvious from this forum and the reviews that it is not the speakers. Get some local help from your GoldenEar dealer. We can't help you from a distance.

NEW UPDATE !! My Anthem MRX was great for movies but I was not really happy with 2 channel audio.It was okay just not super great. I was using my mac as a music server.I then decided to get an separate Dac with a tube pre amp built in and just bypass my MRX for music.Out from usb into a IFi ILink and then to a Tubedac 11.Sounds AWSOME !! Even though Anthem was good, this takes it to a whole new level. I am off to enjoy my Triton Threes new sound

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Tritons with Anthem MRX