file Recommended speaker stands for Aon 3's

• sabaivibe's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 14
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
sabaivibe Posted 9 years 6 months ago
So I am greatly enjoying my Aon 3's but I need to find proper speaker stands. Any recommendations under $150 a pair? I was looking at the Sanus SF-24 or Dayton SSMB24's. I'm only looking at these because I have seen them pop up on online forums. Your help is greatly appreciated. Oh...btw....wood floors so no spikes needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Sabaivibe,

I have my Aon3s on a pair of VTI VSP 29" speaker stands. I read an article in which a reviewer had been provided a pair of Aons from GET and Mr. Gross had been fairly insistent on 30" stands. I figured 29" was close enough. :)

I picked this model because the bases somewhat match the curved bases of the Tritons and I plan to add a set of towers later. I like things to match. The build quality is good and my sound quality improved over the TV trays I was using. My only complaint is that the finish is not the best. The powder coat is not very durable. They have a UH series that is less than $150 a pair and are 29".

I filled mine with sand and used some bumpers between the Aons and the base of the stands. With the internal cable routing, they look pretty tidy. I used the spikes since I am on carpet but the hardware included the disks for the spikes to be used on hard floors as well. All in all, they do a great job isolating the speaker, preventing unwanted vibrations/resonances, and look decent.

Happy hunting. Please let me know what you go with and how they work out.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 6 months ago

sabaivibe wrote: So I am greatly enjoying my Aon 3's but I need to find proper speaker stands. Any recommendations under $150 a pair?

As long as you get the height right, anything that looks good is fine, with a little effort. I looked on Amazon for stands in the 30" range and found dozens that fit the bill (weight limits, height, spikes) and had the wife pick the ones she liked best. They were pretty, but rang like a bell. I dragged out the trusty roll of dynamat and stuck pads on the back of the poles and on the top of the top plate and bottom of bottom plate. Dull thud now, no change in the look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, sabaivibe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Aon Series Recommended speaker stands for Aon 3's