file Aon 3

• wweiss's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 130
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wweiss Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Just got my new Aon 3's ! How many hours for break in? Should the break in start at low volume for the first hours? In a 2.1 system what Freq. do you say the sub should be cut at?

Would the Aon 3s with a Forcefield 5 sub outperform the Triton 7's? I heard the Triton 7's and they were WOW! but they had them hooked up to $20,000+ worth of equipment. I am just using a good Receiver. I can still return the Aon 3's.
Application is music only system in a den that opens up to a kitchen.
So much music-so little time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by anthem. info_outline
wweiss: the Aon 3's are fantastic speakers, I'm tickled pink with mine. Break-in time will be 40-60 hrs. at moderate levels.For your sub, 60 hz would be a good place to start, 80 hz if you're playing at higher volumes.

"Would the Aon 3's with a Forcefield 5 sub outperform the Triton 7's? In the bass department, yes..if that's really important to you.Really need to know what you're looking for in a speaker before making any suggestions... let us know.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hemo Ayham

• Hemo Ayham's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 19
Hemo Ayham Posted 9 years 2 months ago
hey
i have been looking around for anyone to answer that exact massage :)

At the moment i bought a Aon 2 with SuperXL center speaker , I LOVE THEM , my use is only for home theater ,

i wanted to test out the Triton 7 compared with the Aon 2 but the dealer told me that i could instead buy a Force Filed sub 3 with the Aon 2 and that will be like or better then the Triton 7 :) could you please let me know if its true ?

also are the force field sub better then a Velodyne or another good company sub ( its only for movies at low level volume ) , iam running 7.1 ,

thank you :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back