question-circle Triton 2+ LFEsetting

• GeneralPatten06's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GeneralPatten06 Posted 4 years 8 months ago
Hey all Happy New Year! I just set up my new Triton 2+ and SCR. Incredible these things are. I was stuck on B&W for a long time but was just never happy with them for HT. My question is with regarding the LFE. I first set the towers to the 1:30 position as this was best for me with music. Now with HT my avr is pegged at the lowest point it will go but still needs to be lower. Has anyone had this setback before?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 8 months ago
Hi, GeneralPatton06

Now that’s an interesting name!!!! History?

And congratulations on choosing great Goldenear speakers!!! Great pictures!

First, you did it correctly to set the Triton’‘s bass controls for music first.

Can you tell us more about your AVR brand/model, and whether you had the problem without running run correction? And whether you used LFE connections for sub on?

I have never run into what you are describing. If you turn the AVR volume up, is it bass only that seems overpowering? Sounds a bit like a room correction that went astray and over corrected sub input.

If you disconnect the LFE feeds, if that is what you have, does the issue still exist?

There’s an answer there somewhere. You’ll love the sound when you get it sorted out!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Thanks for your response Rick! No history with the name. I am a Marine but not a general haha. First off I absolutely love how these sound after coming from my b&w 702 setup. Way different listening experience. I just run preouts out of a Marantz 6011 to a Sherbourn 7200. You are probably correct in that it has to do with room correction. When I run the calibration, the Marantz sets the subs at -12db which is the lowest setting possible. I then do a secondary level adjustment down another 5db. I’ve just never ran into having a sub level dropped so much before. I have it where I want it but It leaves no more room to increase the towers LPF if I choose.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 8 months ago
I could not use Audyssey with my Marantz SR 7010. The room correction process just didn’t know what to do with the powered Tritons being subs also. It kept trying to have me back off the sub settings and still played them too loud. I reran Audyssey without running the sub part and that worked. I now don’t use it at all.

Try turning Audyssey off and see whether that resolves your issue. And keep the bass settings on the Tritons where you like for music.

Let us know if that helps.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• CHIEF68's Avatar Offline
CHIEF68 Posted 4 years 8 months ago
I had the same problem. Turned out the setting in my denon 4500 was wrong. The installer missed it but when I explained it on the phone he came out and found it quickly. Wish I knew more but I believe that your receiver settings will be the fix. My system rocks now without rattling the glassware!

I still have yet to trouble shoot this thoroughly. Do you know or can you relay what your settings are set at now aside from distance and dB levels?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back