file OMG!!!! My Triton Two's caused my hearing loss!

• rxescobar's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rxescobar Posted 10 years 8 months ago
I recently purchased a pair of Triton Two's, the Super Center XL and 2 pairs of Super Sat 3's. I sit down to listen to the " The Ultimate Demonstration Disc", track 3, "Spanish Harlem" by Rebecca Pidgeon.
The narrator says now listen for the shaker, it'll be back in the music and it'll be different every time. If you don't hear the difference that might mean your system's incapable of resolving such detail. I listen, no shaker, get my right ear up to the right speaker, faintly, intermittently, do I hear it. I ask my GF, she hears it fine and she has a bad left ear. I take the CD place it in my car which has a good system, nothing. I listen to it with my Sony MDR V6 head phones, nada, zilch, zippo. I was fine before I got the Tritons, now I'm deaf! (LOL) . Bottom line, I've had a worsening high frequency hearing loss for almost 40 years, to hell with vanity and appearances, I got a hearing test which documented that I had moderate high frequency hearing loss in both ears, I have an Ear, Nose and Throat evaluation on 12/31/13 for hearing aids. Yup, I don't want to miss out on all the richness and detail that the Tritons have to offer. Happy holidays. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Happy Holidays rxescobar,
And thanks to share a good sense of humor with us!!!!
That is something that is severely lacking in a LOT of places these days, great to have you on this forum!!!!!
I too have less than perfect hearing, for SURE I do NOT have Golden Ears (worked on the oil rigs too long). That is why I bought me some (GoldenEars), ha ha!
Of course you want to get your hearing sorted as much as you can.
But on this subject, I asked someone before about how good a system I need since my ears are not that great. He asked me if I can listen to and appreciate good live music? Sure, I said. Then he said, you will be able to enjoy well played / reproduced audio from a sound system every bit as well, as much and discern as much from it as you can a live concert. That made me happy.
I hope that helps in some small way.
Have a great listening time in your holidays and new year.
Let us know how you get on.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• rxescobar's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
rxescobar Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Thanks, Wayne, as my son says, it's all good.
We're really quite blessed to have the wherewithal and health and hearing to appreciate these fine speakers. My only concern about the "digital" hearing aids is how much more they may color my perception of the music. just one more element of coloration in the audio chain. Thanks and take care
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 8 months ago
You bring up a good point, you need to find some "Audiophile" hearing aids!!!
That may be a neglected market........hmmmmm gives me an idea.

YES, you are so right, WE ARE BLESSED!!!!!

Enjoy, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series OMG!!!! My Triton Two's caused my hearing loss!