file Two different subs: FF4, SSX

• tdh's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
tdh Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Would love a thought or opinion on this. I currently FF4, Array XL, Invisa 525, and SuperSat 3 (surrounds) in my current set up. I'd like to add SuperSub X to this system, and wondering if this would work, and if there are things I should cautious about.
Thanks,
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Hi tdh, Using two subwoofers truly has it benefits. In most applications, using two subwoofers produces better integration or blending between your subwoofer(s) an your main speakers. You'll also hear an "even bass response" throughout your listening room. (With one subwoofer, you'll often have some parts of your listening room where you'll hear good strong bass, and other parts of your listening room where you'll hear much weaker bass.) A second subwoofer would also provide more bass (or more bass impact) to your system.

Adding a second ForceField 4 subwoofer would be a good choice. Two ForceField 4 subwoofers would fill even a large listening room with clean, powerful, bass. You could also add a SuperSub X into your system. The SuperSub X sounds more detailed and can play louder than the ForceField 4. When adding a SuperSub X into your system, I'd be inclined to place both the SuperSub X and your existing ForceField 4 in the front part of your listening room. This way, they'll blend or integrate with your front sound stage a bit better. Happy Listening!

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Hi, tdh

Moderator has described the advantages of a second sub. If you like bass like I do, I'd vote for a SuperSub as the second. The added bass depth and musicality of the SuperSubs is amazing.

And as Moderator says, evening out bass in the room is part of what several subs can do. Feel free to play with positioning of each. I happen to like adding some bass in back, especially with surrounds that may not be able to do that. With a FF4 and a SuperSub, you should be able to fill that room with plenty of gorgeous bass.

Whatever works for you! Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• tdh's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
tdh Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Thank you Moderator and Rick for your comments.
My hesitation with the Sub X is having two different subs and integrating them properly. However, I think I'm going to get the Sub X. Rick - your comments helped me decide.
Because of the room configuration, my subs will be positioned on either side of a very long sofa. I don't have the option of putting them on the front wall.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 4 months ago
That should work just fine!

Enjoy all the beautiful bass!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSub Series Two different subs: FF4, SSX