file The blinking blue light of death?

• HTNUT1975's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 35
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
HTNUT1975 Posted 4 years 3 months ago
Well.... So one of my Supersub XXL's wasn't emitting sound, but the blue light was on. I unplugged it and waited a bit and then plugged it back in, and the blue light blinked 25 times and then went dark. No sound. I'm afraid that may mean the amp is out? Unfortunately, the is the one that I bought used on Audiogon (I was hoping it was the new one that I purchased from my local dealer, because that one is under warranty).

The non-working "used" sub's SN is ELGA N1 1015 00652 . The one I bought new from my dealer (as a result of loving the used one) is SN: ELGA N1 1015 00681 . I'm a bit depressed and worried what kind of cost it is going to be to fix this beauty.
Any suggestions?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One update: it looks like once the sub goes through the blinking and the blue light goes off, if I plug in the rca cord, the blue light turns solid and stays that way, but there still is no sound. However, I think I may hear some kind of light static going on? It is faint. Another bad sign: when I touch the LFE input with the cord when the sub is on, there is no sign of any thump sound or anything of the like (and please know that that isn't something I normally do--I normally have the LFE plug already in prior to plugging the sub into the wall).

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 3 months ago
Will your dealer repair the used one for you? He might charge an hour or so of labor and we can provide a service exchange getting the bad amp back and sending a replacement at a lower cost than for a new one with no exchange.

You can PM me (Moderator) once you know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

I dropped by this afternoon on the way home, but the guy I normally work there wasn't in. I'm dropping it off, tomorrow. I'll let you know what they tell me. Thank you for the prompt response. I feel a little bit better with the outlook. :-)

HTNUT1975 Posted 4 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by HTNUT1975. info_outline
I've been meaning to get back on here and quickly post on what happened. Basically, my dealer and GE were high-end, top-notch, with customer service. The sub is fixed and it didn't cost me much at all, and the room is back to rocking with two large, musical subs that punch way above their size. I'm really impressed. Class A service.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 2 months ago

HTNUT1975 wrote: I've been meaning to get back on here and quickly post on what happened. Basically, my dealer and GE were high-end, top-notch, with customer service. The sub is fixed and it didn't cost me much at all, and the room is back to rocking with two large, musical subs that punch way above their size. I'm really impressed. Class A service.

Thank you for your follow-up and kind words. We're nowhere near perfect but we do try our best. glad you're loving your system!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSub Series The blinking blue light of death?