file SuperSub XXL

• Tim Glover's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 23
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Tim Glover Posted 7 years 5 months ago

twinturbo11 wrote: the SB16 is WAY more powerful. If you have the space (it's pretty big), WAF credit, and requirement for a very strong sub, I would personally recommend the sb16 imho

Hahahaha TRUE! No longer married. Thx Audio Gear :) kidding! The SVS is a beast but the subs in the Triton 1s are great so I can only imagine the LFE output on the XL or XXL. Space is kind of an issue.
Timobi Wan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
If space is an issue, the SuperSubs seem like a pretty good investment. I'd still like to see GET put out out a giant sub for those of us that do not have space issues. Maybe something with a black fabric cover to keep cost down a bit. They worked some magic with the forthcoming Triton Reference getting the -3 dB point down to 20 Hz. That's some pretty fancy engineering!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 87
twinturbo11 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
The built-in Triton 1 subs are amazing. I had a very good experience with them, as they were tight, fast, and compressed the room. For whatever reason, my XXL , to me, sounded very different -- it was a bit flabby, slow, and didnt compress the room. There is a chance my particular sub had a rare defect, not sure, as i returned it.
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Tim Glover

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 5 months ago
TwinTurbo11,

That does sound like a bad unit. When I auditioned the XXL at my local dealer, it was just as musical as the T1s sub section. That is to say it was tight and fast while blending in nicely. There are certainly many variables.

Did you end up going with a different sub? I'm not going to lie, I find the PB-16 an attractive option. It looks like a no holds barred beast of a sub and that's what I'm looking for. The PB-16 looks like it's almost as big as a Fiat. :ohmy: I have a lot of space to energize for home theater use only. I want a sub that is strong all the way down below 20Hz and moves a lot of air. I won't be using it for music unless I'm listening to multichannel discs. My 2-channel setup with home theater bypass only uses the speaker level inputs to my T1s and I'm extremely happy with that setup.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Tim Glover's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 23
Tim Glover Posted 7 years 5 months ago
T Cobe,

I owned a pair of SVS subs in the past. They are big. I had dual PB 12 Plus/2's . BEAST. This was in 2007. They have improved the drivers and amps since then. My subs while going VERY deep and loud at times was a bit muddy too. The Ultra fixes that.

But these Subs from GE have rave reviews as well for being musical. Tight, taut and get deep. Looking forward to hearing one soon.
Timobi Wan
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 87
twinturbo11 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by twinturbo11. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: TwinTurbo11,

That does sound like a bad unit. When I auditioned the XXL at my local dealer, it was just as musical as the T1s sub section. That is to say it was tight and fast while blending in nicely. There are certainly many variables.

Maybe... who knows... I mean it wasnt bad, just quite average. To be honest, I feel a bit let down in this area, as I gave repeated chances. First sub was a def tech, then force field, then the XXL... it seems to be a pattern...

For now, I'd like dual SB13U, sealed, but I might just buy one for now....

If you're going for a sub exclusively for movies, then I would go with SB13 or SB16 .... ported.

The other sub that got tons of consitent praise, over and above the SVS, is the JL , but it is a bit more pricey
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSub Series SuperSub XXL