file Crackling from center channel

• nickba's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
nickba Posted 11 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by nickba. info_outline

Moderator wrote: Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the 50C. Very unlikely it is the tweeter, could be a midrange driver. Also, we have seen a few cases where the SS50 cabinet damping material has come loose and interferes with the drivers motion, causing noises. Best bet is return to the dealer for a replacement.

The 50/50C are the same except for the grille and the tweeter orientation.

Sorry for this late reply. I was on a business trip and I just arrived. I decided to make a few more tests. First I disconnected the amplifier from the system and used the receiver as amplifier. Same crackling and distortion. After that I decided to swap the 50C for one Triton Two. And for my surprise, same cracke and distortion was there!!!! I also swaped to other surround SS50 and same cracke and distortion. So I don't think all the speakers have defective drivers. This problem happens with some bluray movies and one simple example is the Blade Runner The Final Cut blu-ray. To test it go to 58:20 to 58:45 and listen to the siren with the engine noise. The audio crackles and is distorted. Please if someone have this disc, it would be a great test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nickba's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
nickba Posted 11 years 7 months ago
Any comments on my last post?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 7 months ago
If you have one disc that causes crackling and distortion in one spot on the disc, and everything else is fine, the recording on the disc has an issue. If someone on the forum has the disc they can check it out too and advise.

My advice, watch a different movie :-).

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperSats Crackling from center channel