file Crackling from center channel

• nickba's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
nickba Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Hello,

I am a happy owner of a 11 channel system composed of 8 SuperSat 50, 1 SuperSat 50c and a pair of Triton Two
My SuperSat 50C is crackling during some dialogues. Seems that the crackling occurs only at certain voice frequencies. I use a dedicated Sherbourn amplifier rated at 150W per channel to drive the speakers.
As I cannot get any help from a local representative, I am asking it here:

1) Could it be the Tweeter or the mid range?
2) Could it be a failed crossover board?
3) Is the SuperSat 50c the same of the SuperSat 50? I mean same parts, same crossover? I know the tweeter is rotated. I am asking that, because I could rotate the Tweeter of one of the surround SuperSat 50 and test it.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the 50C. Very unlikely it is the tweeter, could be a midrange driver. Also, we have seen a few cases where the SS50 cabinet damping material has come loose and interferes with the drivers motion, causing noises. Best bet is return to the dealer for a replacement.

The 50/50C are the same except for the grille and the tweeter orientation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
pltan75 Posted 11 years 8 months ago
I have the same/similar issue from my Supersat 50c , my local dealer in Malaysia....
A&L Audio has said it's the tweeter, and is waiting for parts to repair it, and unfortunately they said this is going to take a while :(

Nice system you have.

I'm running triton twos, SS 50c, Forcefield 4, and Aon 2's for the rear.

Couple things - first, if a part is needed it should take only a few days to get to our distributor. We keep stock of all parts. Perhaps they did not request a replacement part for some reason... I will pass this on to our international sales team.

Secondly, unless something has changed suddenly, it is virtually impossible that it is the tweeter. We have a less then .01% failure rate on the tweeter so far, with 2-years of experience now. I'd hate to have you wait for a repair part only to find out the problem was incorrectly diagnosed.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
pltan75 Posted 11 years 8 months ago
Ok thank you for the help. Is there someone I should email as well from my end? Things tend to move a bit...'slower' on this side of the world :)

I've alerted our sales and service team - the ball should get rolling quite quickly. Make sure the dealer is aware you have contacted us for support so they can be on the lookout for information requests and/or parts shipments intended for you.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperSats Crackling from center channel