file Super enter XL under tv cabinet size and crossover

• Sbhat3's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Sbhat3 Posted 11 years 6 days ago
Last edit: 11 years 6 days ago by Moderator. info_outline
I see that the super center xl has 2 low frequency radiators that are located on top. If i decide to place the super center xl under the tv, I wonder if there is an ideal size recommendation for the cabinet housing it, specifically it's height and ideal distance to the low frequency radiators.

I have triton2 pair for FR & FL, supersat 60 c for center, super sat3 Pair for FW and paradigm pair for surround. Having triton2 as front speaker, do you think supercenter xl would make a big difference compared to my present supersat 60.

If I do replace the supersat60 with supersat XL what would you recommend as it's ideal crossover frequency?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 11 years 6 days ago
I have the same decision to make!

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 11 years 6 days ago
When it comes to the reproduction of the human voice, does the SuperCenter X & XL outperform the 60C...especially in regards to high volume levels?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 6 days ago
Hi guys -

As long as you have about an inch (or more) of space above the top of the SuperCenter, there's no issue. The SuperSat 60C and SuperCenter XL are both good matches for the Triton fronts. With appropriate crossover settings, I don't think you can tell any sonic difference between them. The SuperSat 60C with Triton Twos is best crossed over at 120Hz. We recommend 80Hz for the SuperCenter, although one could use a crossover setting as low as 40Hz.

Hope this helps.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 6 days ago

When it comes to the reproduction of the human voice, does the SuperCenter X & XL outperform the 60C...especially in regards to high volume levels?

With appropriate crossover setting, no, pretty much the same. Both will play VERY loud. That said, the appropriate crossover setting for the SuperSat will cause the lowest registers of male vocals to play through the L/R Tritons as a mono signal. Not so with the SuperCenters. (I am not saying that matters, just identifying this factor.)

• Arbalest's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
Arbalest Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Hello guys!

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but this is also exactly my problem. I currently have a Polk Audio CS10 center speaker in my cabinet, which fits like a charm.
The GE Supercenter is slightly more compact so it will fit, but I'm also worried about the performance of the upfiring bass radiator.
The space above the speaker will be about 1,5".
Will resonance inside the cabinet be a problem? If so, would a higher crossover (e.g. 100-120hz) help?

Will the Supercenter X be an upgrade over the Polk CS10 in the first place?

I have included a (crappy) picture to see what I'm talking about.

Ps, the room layout is hellish for accoustics, but I'm trying to make the best of it. I've auditioned the Triton 7's and they are a considerable improvement, so I am going to change all speakers to Goldenears.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series Super enter XL under tv cabinet size and crossover